8 month post neobladder follow up

14 years 10 months ago #26313 by reseda1420
Replied by reseda1420 on topic 8 month post neobladder follow up
Holly,

From what I understand from reading here, the hypercontinence experienced by a number of women with a neo is a whole different set of issues and is related to muscles instead of scar blocks in men.

However, I do know what you mean by bathroom aerobics. I've done those myself. When I am doing that it's time to see that laser go to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #26312 by reseda1420
You'll like the laser cysto Mike. You get to watch him burning away on a screen. Takes about 5 minutes.

That constant squeezing and pushing is another sign of a block.

Webs, I know what you mean about lying down. I know after work when I am stretching and at night, everything clears up pretty well. I have very good flow the 2 times I get up at night, usually with good pressure a thick stream and solid volume. It is almost like before all this happened.

14 years 10 months ago #26308 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic 8 month post neobladder follow up
Hi all,

I too have tried everything to fully empty...I call it my "bathroom aerobics" now:unsure: It helps but I still had to start selfcathing too.

Glad to hear mostly good news for you! Holly

14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #26307 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic 8 month post neobladder follow up
Thanks for the tips. I also try leaning a bit to one side and then to other and that helps. I get kind of worn out trying to go so I'm thinking go, wait and hour and go again but also to do activity in the hour. Then I can wait 4 hours, rinse and repeat.

:)

Thanks for the tips. I'm kind of hoping he finds a little blockage of some sort that can be removed. Will know in two weeks.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 10 months ago #26306 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic 8 month post neobladder follow up
I agree Lee.

I forgot one other thing to try. After you empty if the above mentioned antics don't work. Lie down for 5 min. then get up and go. Sometimes it acts like a restart button.

Webs

14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #26304 by reseda1420
Webs,

I find something very similar. I think it has to do with the neo kind of folding up or something.

By the way, I get the flow test every visit to the uro. It is the first thing that happens before I even walk in the exam room

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne