Weight Loss After RC and Prostate Removal

14 years 9 months ago #26124 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Weight Loss After RC and Prostate Removal
BBQ sauce.....made from the tomato...heavy in lycopines which is very good for you...Natural genetic variation in tomatoes and their wild relatives has given a genetic treasure trove of genes that produce lycopene, carotene, anthocyanin, and other antioxidants. Tomato varieties are available with double the normal vitamin C (Doublerich), 40 times normal vitamin A (97L97), high levels of anthocyanin (P20 Blue), and two to four times the normal amount of lycopene (numerous available cultivars with the high crimson gene).
....definately a good choice...
As far as exercise i believe in Maxines theory that you are born with so many programed heart beats....so why use them up on exercise:silly:
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #26118 by reseda1420
Replied by reseda1420 on topic Weight Loss After RC and Prostate Removal
I would actually think it is the loss of stamina from the trauma of the surgery itself (very slowly returning)which reduces activity, but I think I'll try selling the loss of prostate story to my wife.

14 years 9 months ago #26116 by mmc
Not sure if it's the "diet" part or the fact that removal of the prostate leads to less "exercise". :( :blush: :blink:

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 9 months ago #26113 by reseda1420
Replied by reseda1420 on topic Weight Loss After RC and Prostate Removal
I told my wife that I can't diet because it causes bowel irritation. Wow, that got an icy response.

Also some people forget there are important nutritional components to BBQ ribs. After all, istn't BBQ sauce a recommended food group? :laugh:

14 years 9 months ago #26109 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Weight Loss After RC and Prostate Removal
My weight loss was great...at first. Before I went in I weighed 224lbs and after surgery I was down to 195lbs. It has been 9 months and I now weigh in at 215lbs. I really liked it at 205 but it seems water always finds its level.
I too find great solace in a rack of ribs and cole slaw. Sorry, gotta go and find a BBQ joint:P :P

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 9 months ago #26077 by balihigh
Replied by balihigh on topic Weight Loss After RC and Prostate Removal
I was hoping to lose quite a few pounds with my surgery but only lost about 5 pounds which is probably about what they took out of me. I am not really overweight but always have to watch what I eat. I always had an appetite. I remember my husband bringing food into the room the day after my surgery and it smelled so good and I couldn't even have water!!! I now have gained an extra 10 pounds and need it off. I walk everyday and an trying but it is hard. My surgery was last Sept.
Balihigh

female 60
1/08 dx 4 tumors TURB
T1 G3
12 BCG + interferon
5/08 another tumor/TURB
9/08 RC illieal conduit

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne