I\'m new at this nasty disease

14 years 10 months ago #25955 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic I\'m new at this nasty disease
Thanks guys. The worst is over at this point, and our lives have changed forever. But, the disabilities involved are at least manageable. So we can be thankful for that. Of course, I have a wood desk I knock on too.

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #25954 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic I\'m new at this nasty disease
Wow! I know this is a nasty disease, but, you had a very tough route indeed. We were both diagnosed at the same time and our surgeries were about the same time. I just wish you good health from now on. You certainly deserve it!

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

14 years 10 months ago #25938 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic I\'m new at this nasty disease
Yikes! What an ordeal you've been through.

I had two spots where my incision separated and it took longer to heal but no infection or fever. The places that it came open actually look better (in terms of the scar) than the places that stayed together.

I forgot all about TPN. I was on that after my RC due to an ileus complication.

Glad you're on the mend and doing well now.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

14 years 10 months ago #25907 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic I\'m new at this nasty disease
That's interesting Barbara, my experience was similar. I had my RC in April, 2008 and had healing problems. Had another operation in September to clean it out, and it healed in a few more weeks. I have an ilial conduit as well.
My two subsequent scans, the last being in April, came out negative. I don't have any other problems at this time. But what a long strange trip it's been!

Jeff

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

14 years 11 months ago #25629 by balihigh
Replied by balihigh on topic I\'m new at this nasty disease
Barbara,
Isn't it funny how northerners move south and southerners move north when they retire. Most of the people in our neighborhood here in NC are from Florida.

I went to your neck of the woods for my surgery-Sloan Kettering in NYC. I have my 3 month appointment this month so will be returning. Hope you have a great summer with your family and good health.
Balihigh

female 60
1/08 dx 4 tumors TURB
T1 G3
12 BCG + interferon
5/08 another tumor/TURB
9/08 RC illieal conduit

14 years 11 months ago #25628 by rudyskier
Replied by rudyskier on topic I\'m new at this nasty disease
Hi Balihigh

Thanks for your good wishes. I am doing well now and hope it continues. I am glad you are not having side effects. I was born and brought up in Western Mass and moved to Ocala in 97 when my husband retired. We like it here but I really miss home and my kids. We are going back for July and August. I am excited because I didn't get there last summer. I spent most of it in the hospital.
I really haven't had any problems with the ileal conduit except after the first surgery when the ureter sprang a leak and I had to have the second surgery. That was not a lot of fun. Oh well that is all behind me now and I am going to enjoy life and be thankful that I am still here.
I went to water arobics this morning. That is the first real big thing I have done since I have been sick. It felt so good.
Thank you again for writing to me. Stay well.
Barbara

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne