Post Op care for cystectomy

14 years 10 months ago #25607 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Post Op care for cystectomy
That's Hilarious GK! :D
:silly: :laugh: :woohoo:

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...
The topic has been locked.
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #25606 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Post Op care for cystectomy
Fantastic stories from everyone! These take me back to the recovery room and even there, there was some humor. I am such a wimp compared to you guys. I got out of bed only 2 times the day after surgery and only made a short walk down the hall. It took longer to hitch up the bags and tubes than the walk. I remember the encouragment of the nurse was giving me as I was sure I would pass out at any second.
You guys are my heros. My first walk after discharge was 50 yards! And then I needed an arm to get back to the house!

But, and mine is a BIG BUTT! I did have a few interesting visits from members of the clergy. They don't seem to be in as much demand as before, I guess. My first visit was from my own priest... I don't remember a thing, I was so doped up. He was going on vacation, so, on his way out of town, he came in for a visit to The Drugged up Vegetable. He said I even talked. I don't remember a thing.
The next visit was a Deacon and an Ex Episcipol Priest at 11pm one night. My roomate thought it was spooky... and it was.
The next day a local Methodist minister came by to say she heard I was welcoming the clergy.
The Presbeterian minister came by for a chat
The Roman Catholic priest came by for a visit, hoping I might return to the fold. He did stay a while and seemed to want to stay longer. I guess I must have needed real saving.
The next visit was a healing minister, or ministress. She gave me a gol ball with a 4 leaf clover on it. (I lost it last week with a powerfull shank on the third hole)
I waited with anticipation for a visit from the local Rabbi. I was told he charged for each visit though. I was disappointed to learn he would not be available until after my discharge. But, I was encouraged to learn he would NOT charge for a visit to the hospital, on house calls.
Now, normally I would not be a worrying kind of guy. But I really must have needed some kind of Salvation to have had so many visitors from God. I know being a car dealer is not the Classiest of profession, But I can't think they were ALL looking for a good deal on their next car!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Seriously, I really loved their visits, and they helped make a bad time, just a little more bearable. Not once, did any of them put the full court press on me. And Boy, do they know how to listen!
So sorry for the Crushing Word Count.

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]
14 years 11 months ago #25303 by Moonerj
Replied by Moonerj on topic Post Op care for cystectomy
LMAO!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:
Soooooooooo Funny!
Jack

TA Grade 1
3 Turbts
30 BCG Treatments
Cancer Free since Nov 2007
14 years 11 months ago #25302 by Gracie
Replied by Gracie on topic Post Op care for cystectomy
Pat - what a great story!

Actually I would suggest that anyone looking at RC ask their doctors about having an epidural after surgery to manage pain. It worked wonders!

I was on it for 5 days. Then they put me on this great stuff that made me think that I was in Martha's Vineyard. What kill joys! They took me off once they heard of my hallucinations!

Gracie
14 years 11 months ago #25300 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Post Op care for cystectomy
"Patricia," "Patricia," you never fail to make my day!:woohoo:

Webs
14 years 11 months ago #25299 by alsimons
Replied by alsimons on topic Post Op care for cystectomy
Pat;

I wasn't disapointed good story.........of course evryone here at work thinks I'm crazy as I could not help laughing. Strange how funny stuff like that becomes after the fact.

Al
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne