Wine and bladder pain

14 years 11 months ago #25272 by mikekc2kc
Replied by mikekc2kc on topic Wine and bladder pain
Hi all, The pain from the wine was temporary, and my on going pain with urination is light to moderate. I did speak to my Doc. about that , and he said not to worry. He will be looking around in there on Monday, guess we will know more then.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #25265 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Wine and bladder pain
4 weeks is a long time to have pain without even talking to the doctor about it. I'd give a call.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

14 years 11 months ago #25216 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Wine and bladder pain
Well now i'm beginning to wonder....what i said is accurate for immediately following TURB and i may have made an incorrect assumption that a bladder which is 80% covered with tumors would take longer to heal. I've tried to research this and yours is a rare case. I can't even imagine the trauma to the bladder after that much scrapping. But i do think you should report it to your surgeon to make sure you don't have some sort of cystitis going on in there. What do you think Warren?
Pat(i'm drinking a glass of wine right now:S )

14 years 11 months ago #25215 by wsilberstein
Replied by wsilberstein on topic Wine and bladder pain
Interesting, because when I've ha my worst symptoms, the only thing that really hleps is a glass of wine.

-Warren
TaG3 + CIS 12/2000. TURB + Mitomycin C (No BCG)
Urethral stricture, urethroplasty 10/2009
CIS 11/2010 treated with BCG. CIS 5/2012 treated with BCG/interferon
T1G3 1/2013. Radical Cystectomy 3/5/2013, No invasive cancer. CIS in right ureter.
Incontinent. AUS implant 2/2014. AUS explant 5/2014
Pediatrician

14 years 11 months ago #25214 by mikekc2kc
Replied by mikekc2kc on topic Wine and bladder pain
Thanks Pat, I am actually glad to hear that, and to sort this out, as I was under the impression that the bladder would be healed by now, and that it might just be traumatized to the point that it would never work properly again. Seem odd to be happy to find that my bladder has not healed yet..... the world of bladder cancer is indeed a strange one.

Thanks to all on this forum, I have learned so much, and it makes me feel a bit less alone.

John

14 years 11 months ago #25213 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Wine and bladder pain
OH Yeah! Because of the raw surface, alcohol, spicy foods, acidy foods and drinks with caffeine may cause irritation or frequency and should be used in moderation...or perhaps avoided until you heal. That was a lot of scraping..
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne