Disaster

15 years 5 months ago #22530 by Barbw
Replied by Barbw on topic Disaster
Thanks Pat, The Guthrie one was it came right out and said contraindications include "malignant involvement of the bladdr nck or urethra" Had a real hard time getting it to print but finally had success! THanks, Barb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #22529 by Barbw
Thanks Kathy, The Stanford one is perfect. It says"cannot have cancer in your urethra" The other article said the appendix could be used to change to catherterizable stoma type thing. I had read about this before the surgery and had planned on discussing it with the doctor before the surgery but he was out of the country. I couldn't believe it when he came in after the surgery boasting that he had removed the appendix while he was in there so there goes that possibility Thanks again Barb

15 years 5 months ago #22527 by kathyk
Replied by kathyk on topic Disaster
Here is a short and to the point article
cancer.stanfordhospital.com/forPatients/services/surgery/neobladderReconstruct/default
And here is one explaining how to change a neo-bladder when there is cancer in the urethra
cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=18218232

15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #22513 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Disaster
You won't have to do much searching ..here's a few more contraindications if the urethra is involved.........
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16830152
This one is a pdf file
www.guthrie.org/aboutguthrie/opportunities/employment/physician/august_2007.pdf
Its just common knowledge......???

Pat

15 years 5 months ago #22509 by Barbw
Hi Pat...Barb here. When you say that "all pretty much agree that if urethra involved...No Neo" can you send me any examples where that is written by doctors. I am going to make copies of them and highlight them where they state that and mail them to the stupid doctor. Thanks, Barb

15 years 5 months ago #22508 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Disaster
hmmmmm...i missed that. The ureter they can cut back to a degree but all pretty much agree that if the urethra is involved...NO NEO.
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne