Neo bladder irrigation

15 years 4 months ago #22087 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Neo bladder irrigation
Maria,

About two months out my doctor had me stop irrigating. I think for the first year you have checks every three months at least that is the schedule my Uro has me on. Hope your CT goes well.

Webs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #22079 by SharonD
Replied by SharonD on topic Neo bladder irrigation
Maria

Not sure when you had your surgery however mine was on the 18th of Sept 2008. After I had the tubes out they wanted me to cath myself after I urinated to see what was being left in and also to irrigate. When I went in for my followup he was impressed and said providing I had no problems I could go to irrigating 1x a week. I also had problems with aspiration and the nurse told me to slowly move the cath around apparently it does get stuck on the new bladder when I tried to withdraw the irrigation solution. My nurse also switched my caths to the french 14 red rubber ones that have more flex in them.

Sharon

15 years 4 months ago #22073 by Maria
Neo bladder irrigation was created by Maria
How often do you irrigate your neo bladder and have you had any problems with aspiration?
I have had intermittent problems with aspiration, any advice?

Good news, seen my surgeon last week and got a 100% ok for my first 3 month check. I am fully continent, had a few problems after surgery which I understand is normal.
I only self cath because I have been advised to do, otherwise I would not bother, my neo is in good shape!

How often should you have a check during the first 2 years post surgery?

I am due another CT scan in a few days, after my surgery I had 1 enlarged lymph node showing on a scan, on 2 further scans it could not be seen ...... fingers crossed it has not returned!!

Thanks
Maria x

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne