Thank you all

15 years 6 months ago #21522 by Barbw
Replied by Barbw on topic Thank you all
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I have printed your letter to show my sister. All the luck to you, Barbara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #21521 by RAH
Replied by RAH on topic Thank you all
Barbara,
This site has been a help to me too, so I truely understand your setiments.

If for some reason your sister needs to have the illeal conduit (outside bag diversion), she will be one of many of us that have one. I was suppose to have a neobladder but once they were in, the interstine would not stretch and keep the blood source too, so they went with plan "B". If I had to go through the decision making process over again today, I would choose the Illeal Conduit.
If you have a chance to read posts on the different diversions and the advantages and disadvantages of each, you will see that most of the people responding really are positive about the diversion that they have.
My point is that if your sister's surgery goes as plan, that will be great. If your sister's surgeon is required to go to plan "B", your sister should be able to do the things you described in earlier posts too.

Best to you and your sister.
Rick

15 years 6 months ago #21517 by Barbw
Thank you all was created by Barbw
This is a letter that I sent to one of you kind people who have been such wonderful support to me regarding my sister. I wanted to be sure you all read it because it applies to you too..........
:silly: Thanks so much for your concern. I have done all I can to make sure that she has all the information. I have talked with my friend who is a doctor who has done all three types. She told me this morning that she has decided to go with these doctors and is doing the neobladder and for the first time I hear some peace in her voice. She said both doctors insisted that this would be the best proceedure for her. What concerns me is.....If they get in there and find that the urethra is cancerous then, since they don't do the Indiana, she will have the external bag. She understands all this and is to the point where she can absorb no more and seems settled with her decision. For the first time in a long time she got out and worked in her garden. I don't know the exact wording but ..."to plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow". For the first time, after making this decision, I feel like she believes in tomorrow. It's hard to keep quiet and search for alternatives but I will and will support her all the way. I'll be leaving in a few days to go be with her for the surgery and will probably stay there about a month. Your words, and the words of many others on this site, have been a life saver for me. I am so grateful to you all. Now I could use any words of encouragement from women who have had the neobladder. Thanks again...I can't believe how you all feel like family. Love, Barbara

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne