Importance of Surgeon

15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #20856 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Importance of Surgeon
there's lots of articles out there...i've posted one by Dr. Lange on "Newly Diagnosed"...take a look........also
jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/content/abstract/22/14/2781?ijkey=8bfad9ec8fb8ec71bc01dfaed9d9d247e7268e80&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha

I can cite more if you need them. It just makes sense that a larger institution and one that has a multidisiplinary team of surgeons that specialize in bladder cancer, pathologists that are among the best in the country, oncologists, etc...is going to increase your odds...nothing is written in stone but it certainly increases a better outcome.
Pat
P.S. I just noticed that Alan quoted the article i have posted by Dr. Lange...go to the bottom of that page and you will see tons of papers written by some of the top surgeons and just hit the abstract, free version to read their papers. Lots of information there...........P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #20855 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Importance of Surgeon
You betcha it makes a difference! See:
jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/content/full/22/14/2762

I am still on BCG but have researched the next step if need be. My local URO is great but he may do 5/6 diversions a year-non on neo's. My backup is MD Anderson-180 miles away. Hopefully I won't need them.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

15 years 7 months ago #20849 by grampadonut
Replied by grampadonut on topic Importance of Surgeon
having 2nd thoughts about using dr bochner??

grampadonut
dx t2-g3
05/07/08

15 years 7 months ago #20839 by newbie08
Importance of Surgeon was created by newbie08
Hi All,

Does anyone have an article that proves the importance of a surgeons experience in the success of creating a neobldder...medical article would be most helpful!!

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks M.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne