check in tomorrow/surg on friday

15 years 7 months ago #20962 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic check in tomorrow/surg on friday
OK, Just updating briefly for Robm until she feels well enough to tackle the PC. We all like to know that our friends here on the forum are making a good recovery and I'm happy to report she was able to be released from the hospital last Friday. I talked with her spouse yesterday and she continues to do very well . When I called she was napping. So far, what they know about the path report sounds good...hopefully she will feel up to telling her own story sometime in the near future. I've really been impressed with her progress and pray she continues with a strong recovery. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #20883 by Melodie
Hi again,

I talked to Robm late yesterday; she still did not have the results for her path report...she continues to do well and expects to leave the hospital tomorrow sometime. When she feels up to it, I expect she will be on here to provide the details. So far as I can tell, she has done an excellent job so far in regard to her recover. later. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

15 years 7 months ago #20781 by Melodie
Karen,

I talked with Robm again yesterday...she sounds great...I am so proud of her efforts...she strives to keep her sense of humor and has a terrific attitude. She has not yet had the BM they want but has been walking the halls so it shouldn't be too long before she gets a "get out of jail" card. I told her to stay as long as she can to rest to facilitate her recovery...once we get home, we have a whole new set of challenges. later.

15 years 7 months ago #20720 by momof4
Replied by momof4 on topic check in tomorrow/surg on friday
Melodie,

Thank you so much for the update...It is so hard waiting for the patient to be able to post...I am so glad all went well...Please send her my best wishes!

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

15 years 7 months ago #20716 by Melodie
Hi all...

Just thought I would update you on Rob...since I don't see anything here yet, I doubt she asked her family to get on the forum. She had her RC on Friday at University of Washington Medical Center... she was in surgery six hours and did very well...perfect textbook procedure so one doctor on the team told her.:)

She is now proud owner of an Indy Pouch. The only small problem they had was getting her pain meds just right while in Recovery. I talked with her today and she sounds great...much more alert and with it than I was on the third day following surgery. She has gotten up and walked about the room. Her attitude is very upbeat and I think she will do just fine. Now we just need to wait for the path report...hopefully she will get a clean record and not have to do chemo. Melodie

15 years 8 months ago #20602 by robm
Replied by robm on topic check in tomorrow/surg on friday
thanks ginger & clara - will "report" when i get back home -- here we gooooo! rob

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne