Neobladder - How do you learn to pee again?

15 years 7 months ago #20595 by GEO
Remember, anything more than 3 ounces of liquid, they may make Gene throw it away!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #20592 by ginger
Replied by ginger on topic Neobladder - How do you learn to pee again?
I LOVE GEORGE,,, boy , you have the best answers for everything. I love your attitude and the humor you put with the whole scenario, sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves...I hope it works for WILL....Gene is wondering if when we fly to Las Vegas if his bag will be an extra fee of 50.00....ginger

15 years 7 months ago #20582 by SailorMan
Replied by SailorMan on topic Neobladder - How do you learn to pee again?
I had been doing the coughing and that plus some muscles in my abdome that seem to be right are giving me about 10-20 CC of urine. When I uncork the upper tube, I get about 150-200 CC. Interestingly enough, if I do the same abdomen muscle thing when the tube is draining, it does force out the urine faster so I think I am on the right track.

I'll try the other ideas... I think I am already doing the kegels but will re-look at that.

15 years 7 months ago #20544 by GEO
Try sitting on the toilet and cough, laugh or blow your nose. One of those should make it happen. Like TIMB said it may me pluged with mucus.
You wait, once it starts happening you will be trying to figure out how to stop it !
Good luck,
George

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #20534 by timb
it seems so long ago for me i can barely remember now. but i do it now, two years later, by closing my mouth and just kind of pushing with my lower abdomen. i find sitting more productive than standing. but i will stand if im in town, can't get a cubicle or the cubicles really dirty (sadly this is quite often). i think at the early stages i found it hard not to pee and then when i did start to pee it wasn't much. I think Pat is really right about the kegels. they will also help your partner more aware of the area he needs to focus on to be peeing properly again. it gets a little confusing after they've jumbled up your giblets. also make sure he is drinking enough to be clearing mucous which can cause blockages. the drinking also helps build up a bit of pressure which helps get the pee out.

T

15 years 8 months ago #20529 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Neobladder - How do you learn to pee again?
Wendy...they should teach your husband how to do kegel exercises...if he's not sure how to do them we have here in the states a biofeedback system that some larger institutions have that will tell him if he's using the correct muscles or not. Have they not mentioned this to him? They should teach him how to cath himself also...he may not need to do it but he sure needs to know how to do it.
www.cancerwise.org/may_2007/display.cfm?id=4a9c72d5-b74c-489f-895e8d34daa7cfcb&method=displayfull&color=green
Hope some of the men with neos will jump in here and relate their stories.
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne