Bumps in the Road

15 years 7 months ago #20417 by TheWifeAgain
Replied by TheWifeAgain on topic Bumps in the Road
Try taking a pillow and holding it against your abdomen when in the car. I had to do that for a few weeks post hysterectomy and it really did help!
Try it and let me know!

Age 53 Currently
Bladder Cancer Diagnosis October 2006 T1G3
2011 Finally made it 6 month between Cystos
8/22/2011 Cysto in the OR
(BCG and BCG Maintenance over the years)
Graduated to yearly Cystos
Tumor found at first one year Cysto - TURBT 4/26/2013
Kidney pain - CT scan 5/1/2013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #20416 by GEO
Replied by GEO on topic Bumps in the Road
Sailorman,
I'm 4 weeks now since my surgury. I really don't feel to bad. I get tired quickly. I'm OK in a car now. I started driving 2 days after I came home. I was bored big time. Not use to sitting around. I've cut the grass a couple of times and some other things. I'm just really careful not to lift anything heavy.
My biggest problem is with my bowels. I get these nasty cramps after I eat. They are so bad they will double you over. So far I can't eat any red meat, fried foods or fruit. Fruit really tears me up. I haven't tried any cheese yet. I can't wait to eat pizza!
I can't believe how this has beat me up. I thought after a month I would really feel back to normal. Like everyone was saying, you don't see progress daily but if you look at week to week their is definate improvement.
Hang in there, Things will get better... Think of the positive things not what you can't do but what you CAN do!
George

15 years 7 months ago #20415 by Webs
Replied by Webs on topic Bumps in the Road
It took me about 10 weeks to be comfortable in the car mainly due to some scar complications. Hang in there it does get better.

Webs

15 years 7 months ago #20414 by lisaloo
Replied by lisaloo on topic Bumps in the Road
Hi
It probably took me 12 weeks to feel totally bomb proof but I was ok at about 8 most of the time
Lisa

15 years 7 months ago #20413 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Bumps in the Road
Will,
I know the feeling , just a short ride in the car, every little bump or wave in the road caused havoc in the surgery area. This does go away, but it takes about 8 weeks, at least for me. My first trip down to the Cleveland Clinic after surgery was exhausting, it will get better, but like all the rest it takes time. Your patience is certanily tested through recovery, after one year I think I may be 90 percent, Gene Beane

15 years 7 months ago #20412 by SailorMan
Bumps in the Road was created by SailorMan
I am 3 and a half weeks post-RC and my lower abdomen hurts when we drive over bumps. How long does this continue?

Will I still be doing deep breathig in the car in two months? 4 months?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne