first check up tomorrow and a bit jittery

17 years 4 months ago #1974 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic first check up tomorrow and a bit jittery
Dear Claire,

You're not the only person who has looked at grim survival stats, (I'm one, IIIC breast ca. stats are pretty bad). I know lots of women who are defying the odds with advanced bladder cancer. Men too. One thing they have in common with you is they had aggressive treatments of surgery and chemo.

Why not you...?

Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #1970 by nanaca
Replied by nanaca on topic first check up tomorrow and a bit jittery
Dear Claire : You are not alone lin this trial. We all are here to help and offer the power of prayer. As Lou and others have said think positive. You have excellent care and people who are interested in making you healthy. You will be in our prayers as we enter the holiday season.
nanaca

17 years 4 months ago #1962 by rentanag
Replied by rentanag on topic first check up tomorrow and a bit jittery
Claire,

I want you to look at this in a different way, if you can.  First you have to realize that the statistics are only truly relavent to the people from whom they obtained the information to form the stats, and second you are a completely different person from all of them. They had a different stage disease and their bodies reacted in a way that is different from the way your body will react to the chemotherapy.  Thirdly I'd like you to remember even if their stats are right or close to being right, there are still the people who survived and I just know with all your spunk you will be a survivor.  You'll be one of those forty or so percent that survive!
Positive thinking is a very powerful force, and it can help your body to move in a new direction if you work at it.  I know you're a bit down right now after your appointment but remember you are still here, and that is what matters.

Remember, The Power of Positive Thinking...

Lou Graham

17 years 4 months ago #1961 by clur
Hi
Thanks for your thoughts all seems ok at the moment.My husband made the mistake of asking about long term prognosis which I have tried to avoid thinking about .
They are going to extend my chemotherapy from 4 to 6 treatments as I seem to be tolerating it .I feel a bit down about that as I so wanted to be all done before Christmas.So basically currently I seem to be in the clear its unlikely to stay that way less than 40% but we are throwing everything at it seems to be the outcome of the appointment.I feel a bit depressed about it all really sorry to be morose .
Clur x

17 years 4 months ago #1958 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic first check up tomorrow and a bit jittery
Claire,
A few days before my surgery my cousin gave me a prayer card to Saint Peregrine, the patron saint for cancer. He worked with the sick all of his life and had a miraculous cure from cancer in his leg. I have said the prayer many times and will say it tomorrow for you in the hopes that you will get a good report.
Many blessings....Jean

17 years 4 months ago #1956 by rentanag
Replied by rentanag on topic first check up tomorrow and a bit jittery
Claire,

I'll be having good thoughts for you tomorrow while you get your first follow-up appointment since your chemo, I believe there's a better chance the report will be a positive one than not. After the tough time you had with your chemo treatments I just can't imagine that something other than "Your tests were all negative", would come from the mouth of your doctor/s.

Lou

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne