Chemo after RC with Neo

15 years 9 months ago #19280 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Chemo after RC with Neo
Understand that what I am going to say ends with but it depends. By that I mean the type of drugs used and how you react to them. I was on a three drug cocktail and you are right it is cumulative. In the middle of my regime my father was unwell and wanting to see me and I flew. My blood work numbers were down and I talked to my Oncologist and we agreed I could go as long as I wore a mask on the plane and did the hand sanitizer like a religion I should go. I felt like a fool on the plane outfitted in my mask and wig until I looked over at another woman wearing the same, what are the odds?
When you talk to your Oncologist tell him that doing the Nationals is very important but that your long term well being is important also. I am sure he will help you find a way to do both if he can if they know of its importance. One of my personal goals was not to let cancer keep me from living to the fullest and most time there is a way.
Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #19279 by Webs
Chemo after RC with Neo was created by Webs
I would like to go to AVA Nationals Aug 9-12. I am also one of the coaches. Wondering if I will feel to sick to travel? Haven't started chemo, but see the doctor tomorrow. Some people tell me first round isn't so bad. Just taking a survey.
Webs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne