Ironic or what?

15 years 8 months ago #18901 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Ironic or what?
Hi, Betsy Mae,
Hope all goes well for your sister, and for
yourself with your next check up. But this cancer thing is still a real mystery to the researchers. Who knows what links they will find in the future as to the causes. Just out of interest I filled in a questionnaire on line which gave the chance of my getting cancer(not just bladder cancer)as being very low, yet here i am. The more you talk to people who·s lives have been affected by cancer, the more it makes you wonder if its just ironic, co-incidence, or if there is some common link that makes some of us more likely than others to be affected ?
All the best,Flamenco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #18898 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic Ironic or what?
Patricia,
We are in the UK

15 years 8 months ago #18896 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Ironic or what?
Ah Irony...i've got one for you....my son got testicular cancer..6 months later my ex-husband got prostate cancer...and 6 months later i'm diagnosed with bladder cancer......in that same period of time 2 of my best friends..one came down with breast cancer..the other with colon cancer. Thats quite a cluster!! I keep trying to connect the dots but it seems i'm the only one trying!
Betsymae...where is your sister located? They have some state of the art laproscopic surgery at The Clevelnd Clinic for removal of kidney tumors.
my.clevelandclinic.org/services/kidney_surgery/urology_overview.aspx
pat

15 years 8 months ago #18894 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Ironic or what?
Betsy Mae,

That is ironic, I hope things go well for her, I will keep you both in my prayers,,,Ginger

15 years 8 months ago #18880 by Betsy Mae
Ironic or what? was created by Betsy Mae
How is this for irony? A year after my initial diagnosis my sister in law was told she had a growth in her kidney. We heard last night that it is malignant and she is now awaiting a date for surgery to have it removed. We cannot believe that 2 of us in the family are at the mercy of urologists! Here's hoping my routine check up next week does not bring any nasty surprises!
Betsy Mae

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne