Getting the most out of this site

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #18483 by Cynthia
Getting the most out of this site was created by Cynthia
After registering you will find linkd in your personal menu on the right side of the home page or in the main menu offering the following options:

FEATURES

Questions- At anytime you have a question please contact us(Click contact us in the main menu at the top of the page)

On-site email - Secure onsite only email that does not use your email address to contact other community members.(Send and receive onsite email by clicking the button under my menu)

Forum - Provides topical threads where you can post questions, add your two cents or just read along.(Click the Forum button in the main menu at the top of the page)

Calender- Located on the home page (Click on events to get further information)

Blogging - A form of online journaling to share your journey and thoughts with others. (Start your blog by clicking my blog entries under my menu)

Instant messaging -Privately chat in real time with your online friends (Using your mouse touch the cursor on the member online and click on instant message in the drop down menu that will appear)

My Groups - Topical groups by interest or geography(Join the groups that share your interests by visiting that group page)

Chat rooms - Topical chat rooms check and see who is chatting. (Join us on Sunday for our weekly monitored chat at 8pm eastern time)

My Friends - A place to keep track of all of your community contacts.(Click the my friends button under my menu)

Link sharing - Submit internet links that you have found helpful to share with the community(Submit blc links using the button under your menu)

News -Updates on news affecting the blc community
(Submit blc news using the button under my menu)

Reporting technical problems - Help yourself and others by helping us fix problems(Click report problems under my menu)

Users Online- click on any name in the user online list and it will take you to their profile. At the top of the page it will say message and friend. If you click message it will give you the choice of either sending them an onsite email or sending them an instant message. If you click on friend it will allow you to send them a friend request so that they can become a member of your circle of friends.

Online security - Personal security and the online community(Click contact us in the main menu at the top of the page)

If at any time you are approached in our online community by anyone trying to sell you anything, asking you for personal information or for any reason make you feel uncomfortable let the site administrations know immediately. This site is set up in such a way that you can use it fully while never giving out personal or contact information to other users, always use safe internet practices

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne