Question

15 years 9 months ago #18328 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Question
Boy, 8 weeks and your still on the wound vac, its hard enough getting stronger without something strapped to you. Is there an estimated time for this to clear it up. At 8 weeks your strength should be much better but still needing naps. Its most likely due to the infection, when you get this thing off you you should make strides in a hurry, so look forward to that day. Recovery is a long process, take your time and try to be patient, you had a complication so it put you behind a bit. Take care ,,, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #18323 by Betsy Mae
Replied by Betsy Mae on topic Question
Have just attended my first Pilates class for about a year! What an achievement? Bet I won't feel as happy about it in the morning when I ache all over!
Keep trying all of you!
Betsy Mae

15 years 9 months ago #18316 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Question
Jeff I had another surgery called a Bi-femoral bypass for blocked arteries in my legs just the opposite of blocked arteries in the chest. I had this surgery because I had Peripheral Vascular Disease. When I went back on day 10 to have the staples removed about 5 hrs later the dang incision dehissed and it was a 15 inch incision and opened up about 3 inches ??? not a pretty site. So I know what you are going through. I was rushed back into the OR for emergency surgery and went through the same pain and I mean pain 2x because the incision was right through muscle similar but longer then an RC. I wish you the best in your recovery. Joe ;)

15 years 9 months ago #18312 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic Question
I am at the 8 week mark and feel like crap, basically. But, I am still healing due to my wounds dehissing. The wound vac is doing the job and the two original openings are near closed at this point. The new one will probably take another 3 weeks. Being strapped to the wound vac is a real pain in the butt. But I got to keep on keepin' on. Other than that, I get a tiny bit stronger every day,doing more for myself like I should.

Jeff
R/C 04.30.2008--Yuma Regional Hospital, Arizona

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

15 years 9 months ago #18303 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Question
Cool Ride Joe, Ginger

15 years 9 months ago #18299 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Question

Don speaking of cramping styles no more tractor trailers for me. The lifting and hours are more then I can handle now. Joe >:(

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne