Chemo Pre RC?

15 years 9 months ago #18437 by newbie08
Replied by newbie08 on topic Chemo Pre RC?
1st chemo down today, all went well and my dad is in good spirits!! Hoping the next few months will pass quickly and he'll deal with the chemo ok!

Thanks to everyone for their help, advice and support! I'm sure there'll be more questions to come but knowing this website is here is a comfort for my whole family!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #18347 by newbie08
Oh thats good to hear Joe, fingers crossed my dad will fair as well as you did! I suppose staying positive is very important on this tough road...

Thanks for your help ;)

15 years 9 months ago #18344 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Chemo Pre RC?
Newbie I really didn't have a hard time with the chemo. With my chemo I was giving Zofran to prevent me from getting nauseous and that worked well. If I did feel nauseous at home I took compazine and that did the job for me. I got Zofran but my insurance company would only pay for 7 pills a month since they are expensive so I saved them for emergencies. I just went in there with a positive attitude and pretty much ate what I usually did. So for me other then the fatigue I made out fairly well all things considered. Joe ;)

15 years 9 months ago #18343 by newbie08
Thanks Joe, ya makes sense when you put it like that!! Better to keep it contained and then get the bladder out!

Did you have a tough time during chemo? Was there foods you liked or didnt like to eat? anything that made the time a bit more comfortable?? Hoping the 1st week wont be too bad :(

15 years 9 months ago #18315 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Chemo Pre RC?
newbie08 I had my chemo before my RC this is called neoadjuvant chemo. If you get chemo after your surgery then it is called adjuvant chemo. My surgeon put it to me like this he said Joe your cancer is contained to the bladder so let's keep it that way and do the chemo first made sense to me. He also said with my type and size of tumor he had a better success rate doing the chemo first, I hope this helps you out some. Joe ;)

15 years 9 months ago #18314 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Chemo Pre RC?
Newbie08 and any mods .......... sorry I tried to copy and paste a reply and looks like I made a mess of it and moved newbie08 recent posts further down the listings....... sorry if any mess caused newbie.......... Not thinking too straight at the moment!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne