Dad is 4 weeks post op

15 years 9 months ago #17529 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Dad is 4 weeks post op
Chriss,
Gene takes a shower all the time, washes his hair the whole deal, maybe its just until his stitches heal,, I washed Gene's hair over the sink until his stitches healed..but it wasn't long.....you can swim with the bag, in fact we have a pool and will be trying it out this weekend!!!!!!Was this the nurse at the ER, I would ask the primary stoma nurse you had....or the visiting stoma nurse.. I am sorry he had to go to the er, its not a good experience after just getting through the surgery, memories..
Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #17507 by Jmema
Replied by Jmema on topic Dad is 4 weeks post op
Chris, I have had my ostomy for 18 months and have never been told not to get the bag wet. People swim, go in hot tubs etc. Never knew of any restrictions. Could it have something to do with the UTI? I would call and ask for a clarification.
You sound like a wonderful daughter. :)
Blessings....Jean

15 years 9 months ago #17499 by wmck
Dad is 4 weeks post op was created by wmck
Hi. Have not posted lately because problems with my mother was taking precedence. My Dad is doing well. He had a suspected UTI(fever and chills)that sent us on a two hour trip to ER in Miami on Saturday.They checked him out and put him on Levaquin for 10 days. He is responding well.
Have a question for ostomy patients(Gene and Ginger?)The nurse told him he should not get his bag wet when taking a shower so he has been trying hard to keep it dry but has trouble washing his hair. I thought you could swim with this so I wonder what others do when taking a shower-was she being too cautious? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks so much
Chris

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne