Question about a renal scan

15 years 10 months ago #17662 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Question about a renal scan
My husband had a scan for the kidney function as well, our surgeon said its standard after an r/c, at least in his eyes he wants to be sure the kidneys are draining properly etc. So nothing to worry about, its precautionary!!Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #17658 by Jeff F
Replied by Jeff F on topic Question about a renal scan
I had a renal scan in the hospital post r/c. It was basically an ultrasound. They were concerned about kidney function. I believe there was an isotope involved, but I had so many scans I forget. It took about 10 minutes. The test was negative. It didn't seem to be a big deal.

BC diagnosed 01/2007
Cystoscopes and Miomyacin in 2007
R/C ilial conduit 04/27/2008

15 years 10 months ago #17407 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Question about a renal scan
Whats the urologists reasoning behind i'm assuming the IVP scan? CT scan didn't show any abnormalities right.......output good and no infections.....ya got me??
Pat

15 years 10 months ago #17397 by fearandfight
Replied by fearandfight on topic Question about a renal scan
I would check with my surgeon first and see what he thought. He's the man I deal with now with everything since my surgery last June. Joe ;)

15 years 10 months ago #17396 by Jmema
Question about a renal scan was created by Jmema
I had my cystectomy 18 months ago. I have an ieal conduit and have had a cat scan and an ultrasound of my kidneys since my operation. Thankfully, everything was fine and I am still cancer free. Now my urologist (not my surgeon) wants me to have a renal scan to "see how my kidneys are functioning". I have the same output every day and have never had a UTI (thank goodness). Is this scan really necessary??? Has anyone ever had to have one.
Thanks Jean

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne