Dads op tomorrow,

15 years 11 months ago #15256 by cathy
Replied by cathy on topic Dads op tomorrow,
Hi Guys, thankyou all for your well wishes, dads surgery went well, we were told before hand that they were going to take the "water pipe" urether as well, as it had cancer in it as well, so this would add about 1 hour onto surgery, so all up surgery was about 7 hours, they took bladder, prostate, lymph nodes, urether & most of the left ureta, as some of you would know it had cancer in it also, so they keep cutting & sending of to path whilst he was under until they got a clear magin,

day 2 went as well as could be expected apart from the epidule causing dads blood pressure to fall to about 50 over 30 so then they gave him meds to increase this & this was causing another problem, so epidule had to come out,

day 3 started off ok, in the arvo he was moved from the high dependancy unit into the ward, he had a little walk, was very tired, over night had a bad night with vomiting, temp & over all feeling quite unwell,

day 4 much of the same, had n/g tube put back in, I have now come home, My Sister & Mum are still there, I would love to still be there also, but having 4 & 7 year old boys & having to run a business, it is hard with dad being 2.5 hours away, anyways, as yet they havent really got dad up & about much, being the weekend I guess, so hopefully tomorrow being monday the physio will get him moving,

So know we await path results & hope he starts to improve with every day,
He's taken a bit of a set back with the n/g tube put back in & is still on sips, but from what I have read this is very typical.

I will keep you updated on his progress, Thanks once again for being there guys.

Kind Regards,
Cathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #15047 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Dads op tomorrow,
Wishing your Dad well for a good recovery, wishing you and your family well too.
Maria xx

15 years 11 months ago #15013 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Dads op tomorrow,
Cathy,
Hold tight and have faith, it will be okay, the waiting is the worst, recovery is just around the corner. Good luck, I will keep you in my prayers.
Ginger

15 years 11 months ago #15006 by Leigh
Replied by Leigh on topic Dads op tomorrow,
Dear Cathy,

Wishing your Dad all the very best with his RC and for a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes
Leigh

Leigh, 39
Dx July 2007
TURBT July 2007
RC/Neobladder ,Studer Pouch, September 2007
Erasmus Centrum Rotterdam
TNM Classification: pT4 N2 Mo
4 cycles aduvant chemo Gemzar & Cisplatinum

15 years 11 months ago #15005 by cathy
Dads op tomorrow, was created by cathy
Hi All,
Well the time has come & Dad is in hospital having prep for r/c tomorrow, My sister & I will be heading off shortly to be there, its about 2.5 hours away. I will not get a chance to let you guys know how he gets on until proberly monday next week,
thanks guys once again for being there for every one out there whether they themselves are affected by bladder cancer or a loved one.
Wish us luck,
Regards, ;)
Cathy

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne