Bladder Sparing

16 years 2 weeks ago #14398 by joeburg55
Replied by joeburg55 on topic Bladder Sparing
For DDoyle, It went like this for me
On oct 3rd 2006 , my birthady, i noticed at work blood and clots in my urin. I then went to see my PC and he refered me to a urologist. After a cat scan i went to see this Uro , he scoped me and said i was a swollen prostate. I was then put on meds and the blood seem to go away after some pretty painful passages of blood clots. I noticed that it was quite not gone so i recontacted this Uro, He then said that is was prostate prob again,By this time i said to myself, this guy is wrong, I then told him that i belived it was more than that. He aggreed and had a second Cat done. This time he must have looked harder because there was 1 cm tumor. I went in for a turb, he removed it, said he belived it was all gotton, After that Path came back saying grade 3 t2 no mo, Invasive into the fatty tissue and might have been involved with the muscel. I had by that time read all that i could to make my desision, As soon as i decided to go the bladder sparing route that Uro dumped me quick. I remeber when me and my wife were in his office, I have done 200+ scopes and missed only one tumor in thet time(quote), I was number 2 apparently. I then went into Radiation and chemo treatment, 32 sets of radiation and 3 set of Cisplatin at 710 mill each.To date 3 scopes, 1 cat and no recurances. I keep my fingers crossed all the time. Best of luck to you in your desison
Joeburg55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #14370 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Bladder Sparing
Joe,
Sounds good to me too,,,I have been following your story and I am always looking for your updates,,so you have an attractive bladder, no problems, thats a winner.....Ginger

16 years 2 weeks ago #14355 by ddoyle
Replied by ddoyle on topic Bladder Sparing
Joe,

I realize you've probably posted your entire history, but could you please just provide an abbreviated list of highlights on what brought you to this point? I am facing possible cystectomy and have a history of recurrences of TA and CIS and failed BCG treatment. I've had 3 (soon to have the 4th) TURBT in the past 11 months and my doc is starting to talk cystectomy.

DDoyle

16 years 3 weeks ago #14349 by joeburg55
Replied by joeburg55 on topic Bladder Sparing
HAHAAHAHA, Thanks Zachary, didnt think of it like that. LOL

16 years 3 weeks ago #14348 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Bladder Sparing
Sounds terrific, Joe--sometimes "out of the ordinary" can be very good, indeed.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 3 weeks ago #14346 by joeburg55
Bladder Sparing was created by joeburg55
Hi all, Just an update for those who have followed my posts. I chose the bladder sparing protocals. Well after 2 scopes they have decided to put me 6 mths out indstead of every 3 months. I asked my urologist about this and he says my bladder looks very healthy, not that i know what a healthy one looks like. And he discussed this with my Ono and they agreed to this protocall. Every 6 months scope. every three montths blood work and chest xrays. Once a year a complete cat scan with contrast and without. I just finished my cat scan, nothing was found. This does seem out of the ordinary. Any comments are welcomed
Joeburg55

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne