Good Report for Melodie

16 years 3 weeks ago #14166 by marie
Replied by marie on topic Good Report for Melodie
Hi Melodie,
I'm glad you are doing well...pace yourself and be proud of yourself.
xoxox Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 weeks ago #14134 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Good Report for Melodie
What great news!!!!

Melodie continue to take care of yourself and do not be afraid to accept help from others for awhile anyway.

hugs
just me pat

16 years 3 weeks ago #14130 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Good Report for Melodie
Melodie you are doing great, I am so pleased to hear your good news. You are right to pace yourself on your return to work, take your time because pretty soon, it will be like you have never been away!!!Take care
Maria xx

16 years 1 month ago #13979 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Good Report for Melodie
Pat,
NO, NO, NO !!!! I am not ahead of you...NO WAY! When I put down 3 months in my notes, it was because that is what my doctor had written on the order...but in reality it is my SIX MONTH check. SO, I am not ahead of anyone in getting back to work at my office...rather I am running behind so many others. But I think thats OK. I have to go at my own pace and so far it's working for me. I'm sure it will be challenging for me to manage my health concerns. Already I have found myself slipping back into my racing pace as I walk through our company factory and have had to talk myself into slowing down. If I am not careful I will be sorry. As it stands right now I am only putting in four hours for the first two weeks and then doing PT afterwards. I am being treated for pain in my leg, possibly as a result of the scar tissue from the surgery. I also learned that if during my sleep I press against my port that it causes my left hand to go numb and my therapist tells me that after I have it removed the scar tissue can also result in pain or numbness if pressed against the right nerve. What fun. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 1 month ago #13977 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Good Report for Melodie
Hooray Melodie on another milestone!!...I was still trying to walk up the stairs at 3 months and Hal was definately not behaving yet.......so know that you're way ahead of ...well probably just me 8)........hugs Pat

16 years 1 month ago #13963 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic Good Report for Melodie
Melodie,

Yiiippppppeeeeee!!!! So glad you have good reports! it sure means much to have those :) Please be sure to take care of yourself - I can all too easily see you working way too hard and not being patient with yourself...yet I am happy you are finding your new normal to be something you feel good about!
And yes, I miss you:( Not sure when is a good time to call you these days!
God Bless, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne