Even at 5 yrs out you can hit a snag!

16 years 1 month ago #13807 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Even at 5 yrs out you can hit a snag!
Well Ginger...that CT scan is on its way to Dr. Gills office for the third reading..but you know how long that takes...l0 days to get out of the hospital here...l0 days floating around the Cleveland Clinic...another l0 to get to Gills nurse...and then my pestering them with 5 or 6 calls until they look at it.
I was scheduled with a top surgeon at Cleveland who probably would have caught it but this saves me a 4 l/2 hr trip.
Makes you wonder though how many other CTs this guy has looked at and got wrong? Scary huh?
Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #13798 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Even at 5 yrs out you can hit a snag!
Oh great, and I said I would be the first one to the Cleveland Clinic to see you when you have your gall bladder out. Well I will gladly miss making the trip so you can be surgery free, thanks to that second opinion!! Good news , Ginger

16 years 1 month ago #13778 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Even at 5 yrs out you can hit a snag!
Pat, I'm so glad you didn't have gallstones. I really agree with that 2nd opinion and sometimes 3rd or 4th! It pays to be careful.

Hope it doesn't give you too much trouble.

justme pat

16 years 1 month ago #13773 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Even at 5 yrs out you can hit a snag!
Good news Pat, thank goodness you got that second opinion and even better news you reached the 5 year with your IP, that in itself must be a great feeling!!!

16 years 1 month ago #13771 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Even at 5 yrs out you can hit a snag!
That is fantastic news, but a little scary that it could have turned into an unnecessary procedure--I'm glad you took your own advice.

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 1 month ago #13770 by Patricia
Even at 5 yrs out you can hit a snag! was created by Patricia
Just had to relate this...after 5 yrs of follow up from my radical cystectomy and good reports I just received back my most recent scan and on it ....the radiologist noted that i had calcified gallbladder stones!....huh....well theres a new one. I actually sort of believed it as i've had what you call a colicy gallbladder since i was a child and about once or twice a year i get a radiating pain from my back up to my neck and i'm quite sure its a heart attack but its not...its my lazy gallbladder spasming. But even though it was a possibility that i finally developed stones I remembered my own advise to everyone else....get another opinion. I called the radiologist who has read my scans from the very beginning (but missed this one) and asked him to please review my last CT. He called me back this afternoon and said ""Pat you do NOT have gallstones"...inexperienced radiologist unfamiliar with configuration of Indiana Pouch mistook part of the bowel for something it wasn't.
WHEW!!......I'm so greatful that i called this wonderful man who had the common courtesy to call me back on the same day to reassure me. Life is good again even if my gallbladder is lazy...........SECOND OPINION...always a really really good option....So Happy Birthday to my Indiana.........XXXooo Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne