Tests

16 years 2 months ago #13521 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Tests
i have all of the above but no CT scan unless symptoms devlop or they feel there is a need. I guess it partly depends on your pre-op pathology

t

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #13467 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Tests
CM,,,, my husband had his r/c at the Cleveland Clinic Sept. 14th 2007, his first set of tests will be in March, chest and pelvis scans , BLOOD WORK, SAME AS DAN, BUT NO NEO. EVERY 6 MONTHS SAME TESTS FOR 5 YEARS IS WHAT WE ARE SCEDULED FOR He had alot of blood work and a kidney scan 2 weeks after surgery, Dr. Campbell's protocol. My husband has the outside bag..it works for him....Ginger

16 years 2 months ago #13466 by dmartin12358
Replied by dmartin12358 on topic Tests
Hi CM,
I just returned from my 2 1/2 year checkup after radical cystectomy, the tests that were done at USC/Norris (I imagine they are similar to tests done by other institutions) are listed below:

urine
blood
chest x-ray
cystogram (or urogram) of the neobladder
CT scan of the pelvis and abdomen

These tests are done at either 6 month or 12 month intervals until five years, then x-rays and the CT scans are done every other year therafter.

I've had two cystoscopies done during the previous 2 1/2 years.

Dan

Dx 7/04, CIS + T1G3, Age 50
2 TURBTs
12 BCGs
Cystectomy 8/05 USC/Norris
So far, so good (kow)

16 years 2 months ago #13454 by cm
Tests was created by cm
What are the recommended test for Bladder Cancer patients amd the frequency of tests after Radical Cystectomy to make sure there is no recurrence.

Thanks, you reply will be appreciated.

CM

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne