Obstructed small bowel

16 years 1 month ago #13841 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Obstructed small bowel
No actually Dale it was much higher ... more toward the left flank and stomach area...when he pulled the J tube out i actually felt a snap like a rubber band in the mid abdomen...didn't think to much about it until that evening when the much harsher pain developed. My body just told me it was in trouble and i'm glad i listened....I think i took about 4mg of Ativan just to stop spasms and my husband loaded me into the car for the 4 l/2 hr trip back to Cleveland as believe it or not not one hospital here would admit me as they had no idea what an Indiana Pouch was...DOH....anyway they observed me and kind of didn't believe me until they gave me some soup to eat and i did a Linda Blair from the Exorcist and proceeded to projectilely sprew green bile all over their nice white scrubs...its kind of a blur after that as then they medicated me so much to try to get barium in me to try and locate the problem with a CT....apparently they succeeded but i only remember wondering why so many people were in the room with me wearing hospital scrubs and watching...(they tell me only the technicians were in there...but my eyes saw at least 30 patients in gowns watching!!!..Good Drugs huh?)
Sorry...long answer to a short question..........Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #13839 by Dale50
Replied by Dale50 on topic Obstructed small bowel
Pat,

With the problem you had from the J-tube being removed did you have pain under the hole where the tube was?

Thanks

Dale

16 years 1 month ago #13806 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Obstructed small bowel
Dale...have you been checked for an ulcer? You shouldn't have bloody stools...Pat

16 years 1 month ago #13795 by Dale50
Replied by Dale50 on topic Obstructed small bowel
I am 12 weeks post-op and while my pain is with me almost daily it is not as bad as what you have had but I am afraid of a narrowing of the bowel. About 45 minutes after I eat I get stomach cramps, I have a a bowel movement almost every day that is painful and sometimes bloody. My Uro took me off my stool softners to see if this helps.

16 years 1 month ago #13537 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Obstructed small bowel
Peter, I had a problem, Sunday nite I had pain in my upper stomach area as well, thought it was a heart attack too. But after an hour it went away but urine filled my bag immediately, so I called by surgeon says I may have had a mucous plug, next time come in to the clinic er. If it backs up it could be a big problem. Keep that in mind. I will call you later.Gene

16 years 1 month ago #13533 by PeterK
Replied by PeterK on topic Obstructed small bowel
The night after I posted, I came down with extreme stomach pain and nausea. It got so bad that I though I was having a heart attack that was disguised by the pain. Went to the emergency room (different hospital), got morphine and a new CT that didn't show any obstructions or inflamation??? Now they don't know what is causing the pain other than they suspect its associated with my RC. The hospital sent me home with a prescription for Vicodin and told me to follow-up with my urologist, who sent me to a Gastro doctor, but he can't see me for three weeks. Meanwhile, watching my diet. Hopefully this will help the problem. Thanks for the support and letting me vent.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne