Bladder Cancer// Agent Orange??

10 years 9 months ago #45091 by jimswife
Replied by jimswife on topic Bladder Cancer// Agent Orange??
@Itsamamma wondering what the compensation is for BC? We hadn't heard nor anyone else we know who have applied for BC as an AO presumptive have been approved compensation. Where can we find this info? Was just on the VA site and it doesn't show BC as a presumptive. I know you can get your care via VA but that is different than being an AO Presumptive. Let me know. Thanks in advance. and Be well. Jim has other health issues that are recognized but not his BC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #45084 by itsamama
Replied by itsamama on topic Bladder Cancer// Agent Orange??
DH's VA Dr told us it was due to AO, perhaps having that statement on his record is what makes the difference. There are new laws, so stay informed & use the VFW to help (they're great & they're free).

b

DH (Dear Hubby)...
Diagnosed: March 2013
TURBT (non-invasive, aggressive), CIS: April 2013
BCG began: May 2013
Completed initial BCG: July 2013
The following user(s) said Thank You: di1969

10 years 9 months ago #45083 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Bladder Cancer// Agent Orange??
AO was nasty stuff. I know of guys that have Parkinson's and a few have been able to get the VA to recognize it. It has been an uphill fight for them.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

10 years 9 months ago #45079 by jimswife
Matter of fact we were just going through some photos of when Jim was in Vietnam recently and saw photos of where the landscape was denuded of all living things except the military personnel. The photo also showed their shower where they used water from the river nearby that was contaminated, also the drinking water that was "purified" that they drank from a contaminated source and on and on. I assume your husband is getting his care at VA but his BC is not allowing for compensation from VA as one of the AO presumptive diseases. A quick look online at VA's site doesn't show that BC is listed as a presumptive. Care from VA hasn't been an issue it's the presumptive disability that has been an issue for many of us. Sorry the govt did this, then they lied about it and then they say it's only due to smoking not the herbicides. Agent Blue has a high concentration of arsenic and that is a BC causative and many of the herbicides were mixed with diesel fuel which is another BC causative. I've been doing my research on the AO/connection.

10 years 9 months ago #45078 by jimswife
Are you serious that VA is now recognizing BC as AO/AB/AP/etc presumptive for disability? Really when did this happen. Jim filed when he was diagnosed in Aug 2010 and it was denied when they got around to his claim in March 2011. Please send more info. If it's presumptive in Oregon it's nationwide. This is amazing!

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #45072 by itsamama
Replied by itsamama on topic Bladder Cancer// Agent Orange??
Hi guys,
YES it is a result of Agent Orange. My husband has just completed his first round of BCG, at VA, Portland, OR & Dr confirmed it. In case you didn't know, President Obama put forth mandate/law that all Vietnam vets are entitled to benefits for diseases due to AO & that is one if the diseases. DH (Dear Hubby) went thru the VFW to apply & it was far speedier than those who applied on their own. His heart issues are also related to AO.
I pray that your care is as exceptional as his has been.
b

DH (Dear Hubby)...
Diagnosed: March 2013
TURBT (non-invasive, aggressive), CIS: April 2013
BCG began: May 2013
Completed initial BCG: July 2013

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne