one month post op

16 years 2 months ago #12882 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic one month post op
Hi Don, its good to hear some positive news, you seem to be doing great after your Rc.
Look forward to reading your posts. Take care and enjoy the red wine!
Maria xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #12846 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic one month post op
Don,

I was a lot like you I found life a lot easier after RC as my old equipment had been so beaten up that I spent my life on the outlook for a restroom everytime I left the house.
Congrats on you great progress. Going to a hospital and doctors that know and do a high volume of blc makes all the difference.

Chin up and straight forward

Cynthia

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

16 years 2 months ago #12754 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic one month post op
Hey Don, Happy for you, its wonderful to hear good stories after surgery, you certainly did well and we can put Henry Ford on the list of facilities that give us good reports. And the robotic surgery as well. Take care buddy!!! Gene

16 years 2 months ago #12716 by skypilot
one month post op was created by skypilot
:) I am doing great, Like so many others it is one of those things at least for me. Were the bark was worse than the bite. I am much more comfotable than the 3 years pryer to surgery. Would I like to have the original equipment back yes but not with the treatments and missery that comes with that. I can hold up to 400 cc at night and day time 300 to 350. Way more than I could before. Its all about the timing. I am very pleased with my choice to go with the two Docters that did my surgery good work great easy going guys, I am also happy with the DA Vinci machine. I highly recommend it. I had it done at Henry Ford in Detroit everything was great. I can go 3 hours at nite without leaking so not bad for being 9 days without Foley cath. I drink a lot. Had my first glass of wine last nite. If anyone ever needs to talke to me about anything give me a pm and I will call you. If I can be of any help to you, Don

Hanging in there!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne