T2G3 with 28 out of 50 positive lymph nodes at 41,need survivors input

16 years 3 months ago #11885 by Gene Beane
Hi Liz,

I want to wish you good luck with chemo, will you be doing it down at Cleveland Clinic where you had your surgery. We were there for a follow up with Dr. Campbell today. Gene is doing well and I wish the same for you. Take care, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #11881 by momof4
Liz,

Can I ask where you had your surgery? I am so concerned about that fact that so many lymph nodes were involved. Did nothing show up on the scans prior to surgery?

MVAC is a very strong chemo, but also can be very effective especially on the lymph nodes. Keep us posted.

Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 3 months ago #11879 by Cynthia
Liz,

I have not been in your situation but I have emailed a lady I know that you might like to hear from. If it helps I do know people that have had distant mets of the liver and other organs that are still kicking around many years after finishing chemo.
Keep us updated.

Chin up and straight forward

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

16 years 4 months ago #11870 by lizt2g3
I am a 41 year old female who had my r/c on 11/15. I am scheduled to start chemo on 1/9/08 type MVAC and I believe the oncologist said a double dose.

This is because my tumor was High Grade T2b G3 with 28 out of 50 nodes involved.

I am scared to 'you know what'. Are there any survivors out there on this site with the same amount of lymph node involvment?

I need positive re-enforcement right now!

Liz

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne