I am home

16 years 4 months ago #11125 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic I am home
DMartin is so right, but I remember him saying, drag your butt down the drive-way thats ecactly how it feels according to Gene.....keep the faith, Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #11102 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic I am home
Good news Lisa, take care and I hope you continue to make a good recovery. Its probably the relief the surgery is over, the good MRI report and the effects of all the drugs and anaesthetic, I think I would cry too! I will be watching your comments as I am due surgery soon. Take care xx

16 years 4 months ago #11090 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic I am home
Great news Lisa loo,,, your over the hump and recovery is next on the agenda, take it slow, don't cry it will get better,Ginger

16 years 4 months ago #11089 by dmartin12358
Replied by dmartin12358 on topic I am home
Great to hear. And nice that you may dodge chemo.

Keep walking, a little more each day, watch your diet (I know this sounds like a broken record...).

You'll feel better and better each day.

Dx 7/04, CIS + T1G3, Age 50
2 TURBTs
12 BCGs
Cystectomy 8/05 USC/Norris
So far, so good (kow)

16 years 4 months ago #11083 by mikeg
Replied by mikeg on topic I am home
dear lisa - my husband had his RC on nov. 5th so we are a few weeks ahead of you. he feels great and you're so young you will also recover quickly. he hasn't taken any pain meds since the 4th day post-op. he had his catheter removed two days ago. now we have to deal with the incontinence. did you get the pathology report on your lymph nodes yet? if they're negative for cancer, you're home free.

seeing my 58 year old husband in diapers is pretty strange - i can't help but laugh when i see him. humor is the only way to deal with all of this. at least you'll be there to be a mom to your kids. clean path report equals 90+ percent survival rate. pretty great odds! write if you want to vent. i type very fast.

eileen, mike g's wife

Michael
Age 58
Stage T2-T3, muscle invasive
Married to Eileen
2 sons, ages 20 and 23

16 years 4 months ago #11079 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic I am home
I am glad to hear you are out of the hospital. Sounds like everything went well. What a relief to know you are cancer free based on the MRI etc. How long were you in the hospital?

What were your tumors graded?

I go into TUR surgery on Monday.

Thanks joe

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne