Anxiety

16 years 4 months ago #10926 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Anxiety
That is SO right. I called Doran's psychiatrist a couple of weeks ago when he was having problems, and he upped him to 60 if he needed it.

Celexa is pretty good stuff. You do need to slowly build up, but once you're on it, you keep getting better, even after a few years.

Gotta go change a bandage.

Stephany in Iowa (whiter than white...have a funny joke about that, later)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #10923 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Anxiety
Melodie,
No problem, I take 20 miligram, and this summer I called my psychiatrist about my situation with Gene, it scared me that I may have a problem although I hadn't yet, he moved me up to 40 a day if needed, I see him once a year and he trusts me to do what I say I will do. I called just after his diagnosis. I stuck at the 20 and had the 40 if I felt necessary. Never feel bad about talking about it. It certainly brought me back to being me!!!!!
Ginger Beane

16 years 4 months ago #10921 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic Anxiety
Celexa, .20 is just what my new family doctor prescribed for me...although I was told to cut the pill in half for the first two weeks...was reluctant to take it but sounds like it is effective...my anxiety mostly is about wanting to return to my job and not knowing when I will be ready and how I will adapt...maybe it is just what I need to get me over that hump. Thanks Ginger & Stephany for sharing. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 4 months ago #10920 by Gene Beane
Wow Stephany,,are you white,,just kidding, actually there were 2 when I WAS BORN BUT MY PARENTS SAID THE ONE DIDN'T DEVELOP, YES THERE WERE TWINS, I have 2 older brothers who are identical twins. and we have been brought together by celexa,, we are long lost relatives, yes Celexa is what worked for me, and I see Pat had Xanex in the mix as well. Yes, for one who hates to take medication I didn't listen to anyone but my psychiatrist, and he was right, and I was better for it...isn't it amazing, I had a thorough medical check up before my internist sent me on, and he sent me to the right place, seems we are closer on this form then we knew....Ginger

16 years 4 months ago #10915 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic Anxiety
Okay, Ginger. Now this is getting spooky.....guess what medication I have been on for the past several years, and think is great? Celexa!!!.

Maybe we are long-lost twins or something. Celexa has changed my life, and I cope with the things like cancer much better than I would have before.

Wow. The things you learn.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 4 months ago #10907 by Gene Beane
Stepany, I still fly, I refuse to let the disorder get the best of me. I tAKE THE SAME DOSE YOU HAVE .05,, its just enough to calm you down, 4 hours to Arizona or Vegas can be petrifying if you have a turbulent flight, and I seem to get them on a regular basis..., got the call my dad wouldn't make it through the nite, as if that wasn't enough I had to fly, I prayed and prayed I would have a smooth ride, but I had to be there. It was bumpy, of course.!!
Ginger

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne