Help and advice please....................

16 years 4 months ago #10783 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic Help and advice please....................
Maria,

Glad your getting somewhere, I have never heard of such a thing, but I believe to you got a bad apple that day, and the woman wasn't going to cut you a break. It pays to ask someone else for sure, you may get a completely different answer. Good luck,, and don't take any crap from anyone!!! Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #10780 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Help and advice please....................
That is progress. I truly hope they follow through. Can you just imagine how many people have fallen into the cracks? Very scary........Pat

16 years 4 months ago #10778 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Help and advice please....................
Some progress: my husband attempted to speak with the CEO today, he was in a meeting and his secretary listened to my husband's concerns, she was very helpful and very concerned! She transferred my husband to the Chief of Staff who again was very helpful and equally at a loss as how patients are screened in the billing section.
He has promised to take the matter to the appropriate person for investigation and promised to get back to us next week with an explanation and we hope for an 'appointment'

16 years 4 months ago #10743 by Patricia
Thats because they only have two surgeons on staff and almost nobody specializes in women

www.orlandoregional.org/MDAnderson/OurTeam/OurTeam.aspx?Wid=6&Pid=773

check them out.........Pat

16 years 4 months ago #10742 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Help and advice please....................
Pat, MD Anderson / Orlando was one of the places I checked out today. I did not feel very confident with their response. In fact I did get the distinct impression that more detailed information would be imparted via a physician referral from the other places too, there was a 'reluctance' to give me direct names of doctors who specialize in female bladder cancer.

16 years 4 months ago #10739 by Patricia
www.orlandoregional.org/MDAnderson/OurTeam/OurTeam.aspx?Wid=6&Pid=773

I don't know Maria...i'm not impressed with thier team for bladder cancer..check them out anyway.
I think Florida is one of the few states i've seen where everyplace i've looked you need a physicians referral. Maybe things are changing but i was able to go to whomever i wanted to see by just picking up the phone and making my own appointment.
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne