CT Scan results ..... good news

16 years 4 months ago #10443 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic CT Scan results ..... good news
Maria,

One thing about the constant reminder, its true , you get away from it for a few days, maybe weeks, then bam the phone call,, its so frustrating,,sometimes if you could just run away and forget about it. But not an option, keep going, accept it as it comes, keep talking to your hubby, its great he will talk about it and stand by you.....Ginger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #10438 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic CT Scan results ..... good news
Thank you Ginger. I know I can do this and if I compare my 'emotional state' between now and a few weeks ago I have made great progress and the people who have offered me support and advice on this forum can take credit for that. Thanks to all.
My husband has just been amazing and we are talking about everything.
As mentioned before it is 'fear of the unknown' once I get a treatment plan in place I can prepare for each step. I was shaking when I got a phone call from the Lee Moffit Center yesterday as I have emotionally detached myself from this and it brought me back to what is going on and I have to face up to it. It’s hard to accept because I feel so well and look fine!

Well I am off work today; I am going to finish my Christmas shopping without crying in the store today as I did on my last attempt! I have to get the mailing back to the UK and don't want to let my little nieces and nephews down so that is good motivation for me to get out there and do it. I am also going indulge in my own ‘retail therapy’

Regarding the paperwork.............this is my first medical claim in the US. I had no idea until reading on here that you could get copies of scan reports, x rays and blood test and whatever else. This practice is unheard of in the UK, there is no way would they give you copies. Yes its mind boggling keeping track on payments, I have to pay for any out patients and diagnostics and then claim from my insurance. Then all the phone calls for receipts and invoices have almost become a part time job! So I know what you mean about feeling like you are a secretary.

Let Peter know I have been thinking of him and hope he continues to do well and keep that sense of humor!

I hope Gene continues to make a good recovery and you have to take credit for that too, but remember you need a rest as well.

16 years 4 months ago #10410 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic CT Scan results ..... good news
Maria,

well its good news for you, don't feel to bad about being freaked out about this whole situation. I remember after Gene was diagnosed I said to some people I didn't even know,,my husband has bladder cancer, I knew I should go home and not leave til I was more emtionally ready. I am a caregiver but watching the ones who experience it is wrenching. I can tell you the surgery is not as bad as it seems, at least to Gene it wasn't. The answer to that is to be at a number one hospital with people who know what there doing. You see Gene turns everything over to me, so I was a secretary, oh the paperwork, its mind boggling isn't it. I always had a pad of paper but with the Cleveland Clinic they documented everything and I got copies.Its a hard time of year to have this, no time is good, but with the holidays coming its an extra issue. To your emotions I say cry it all out and get it over with, you'll be better for it and in recovery, Peter just called Gene, he said he has a bladder and prostate for sale,, boy he is really doing good!!!Take care Maria,
Ginger

16 years 4 months ago #10312 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic CT Scan results ..... good news
Maria,

Thank you for posting your results. I'm gload to know you are now feeling less anxious. I'm so glad you are sharing your thoughts with us on the forum.

You have come to the right place for info. and hand holding...the forum was and is such a blessing to me...earlier in the year Pat, Holly and Wendy were helping me take those first few baby steps...fact is, I don't think I ever turned lose of Pat and Holly hands.....and as I moved along, others got involved as well, providing encouragement & support. That emotional support meant so very much to me and made all the difference...without it, I doubt that I would have treated my cancer so agressiviely.

All of this is so less frightening when you see that others have gone before you...and as I have said before, if a whimp like I can make it, anyone can. You just need to remain calm as much as is possible and take one day at a time...ask questions, investigate, get several opinions, do what you need to do so you can be at peace with your decision...as you are the one who will have to live with it. It ain't easy...that is for certain...but it is doable. Stay strong, have faith and know that you aren't alone. You are in our thoughts & prayers. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 4 months ago #10310 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic CT Scan results ..... good news
Thats great news Maria....now to get on with the "pending"....tell them to get that appointment. Pat

16 years 4 months ago #10301 by Maria
CT Scan results ..... good news was created by Maria
Today I met with my doc for the CT Scan and Chest X ray results. Good news, such a relief, scan showed 1.4cm right ovarian cyst and everything else is unremarkable.
My referral to the H, Lee Moffit Center is pending.

Melodie……..you have been great, thank you so much for your support. I am feeling so much better emotionally. I feel ready and prepared to make the next step……surgery!
Get ready for more questions!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne