Bleeding After RC

16 years 4 months ago #10087 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Bleeding After RC
Harley...you still can't budge Dad huh? Can't you just load him up with some valium and put him in the car and get to MD Anderson? Lord only knows what that doctor will do to him next. If the urostomy bag is clear urine where is the blood coming from...i hate to think. Good luck ..i know you're trying.........Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #10068 by harleygirl
Bleeding After RC was created by harleygirl
My Dad had his RC and prostate removal in April of this year. Due to complications, he was admitted back into the hospital one day after he was released. He was released the second time near the end of May.

In July he started bleeding from his penis and when he told his urologist about it, the doctor said that the bleeding was nothing to be alarmed about and that it would soon stop. Well, it has been 5 months now and the bleeding has continued. Last Sunday it was so heavy that Dad called the doctor and the on-call doctor told him not to bother going to the emergency room because they wouldn't know what to do to get the bleeding stopped. He was to get off his feet, put pressure on the area and call his doctor's office the next day. When Dad went to see his urologist/surgeon the next day, the doctor FINALLY admitted that bleeding for this long and this amount was NOT normal (DUH!) and he has Dad scheduled for a procedure Friday where they will inject dye (?). I'm not sure how this is going to tell them where the bleeding is coming from. He is not bleeding into his urostomy bag.

Dad has had several follow-up visits with his urologist since his RC and has mentioned the bleeding EVERY visit. Needless to say, I am a little angry that this problem was not addressed sooner so Dad would not have continued to lose blood. Hopefully, they will find out what's causing this bleeding when he goes for his test tomorrow. Someone has to be able to find the cause, right? I have VERY LITTLE faith in the medical profession right now. If they think he needs surgery, you can bet I will do my best to make sure his urologist isn't the one to do it!!

Has anyone else experienced this type of bleeding after RC for this length of time?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne