Women and Neobladder

16 years 4 months ago #10038 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Women and Neobladder
Yes, it's an important question only the surgeon will know what to say. There could be risk of adhesions, maybe limiting your option of choosing a neobladder over the pouch or bag. I hope not. On the up side, you've already had a hysterectomy so your surgery won't be as long or complicated.

All the best,
Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #10007 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Women and Neobladder
Hi Maria....what kind of laparoscopic surgery...unless there is a lot of scar tissue it shouldn't make a difference . I would ask the doctor. There are options for a new bladder...there's the neobladder which is pretty successful with men...you have to have a pretty experienced surgeon who's done this on a lot of women and get references of his successes and call them. Men have a longer urethra which makes hook-up a lot easier than with women. Then there is the Indiana Pouch which is a bladder which is internal but you have a stoma where you cath...mine is at the navel..some doctors prefer a lower site...and then there is the external bag or ileal conduit. Do some research on all three.
Pat

16 years 4 months ago #10001 by Maria
Women and Neobladder was created by Maria
Just thinking ahead and wanted to ask the ladies about their neobladder surgery.
I have had 2 laparoscopies and a C section in the past, any of you know if this could cause potential problems during surgery?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne