A Study I Liked: Coffee is Good

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #52560 by Sean T
Replied by Sean T on topic A Study I Liked: Coffee is Good
You aren't just kidding! I gave up cigarettes and I'm still not happy about that! I gave them up for the greater good (my health but mostly the well-being of my wife. I just couldn't bare smoking while she is so worried.) But I had the cigs down to a moderate level (5 a day), which almost makes quieting them harder than if I were a pack a day smoker because I keep thinking "would 5 a day really cause my bladder cancer to return?" Then once the cigs were gone my 3 to 4 cup of coffee a day pleasure is down to about 1 and a half (and that half is mostly decaf!). The coffee just isn't the same without the cigs. But I refuse to give up that last cup a day!

08/16/16 - TURBT - 1 tumor, T1HG, 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 1.8 cm, non-invasive papillary.
BCG treatments (15 doses total - last March, 2018). As of latest cysto, As of May 4, 2023 - cancer free!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #52497 by Jack R
A Study I Liked: Coffee is Good was created by Jack R
At the end of the following 2011 Harvard study and report, coffee is described as a good beverage for those with bladder cancer.

It was so nice, for once, to see a study support, and encourage, one of my habits.
Even so, all things in moderation seems to be a good rule to follow.

COFFEE. Who knew. Thank you Harvard.

www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/bladder-cancer-men-at-risk

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: mwhuang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne