My diagnosis

16 years 5 months ago #10222 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic My diagnosis
Maria,

Have sent you another PM. Please know that we on the forum are all here for you to provide info., encouragement and support...major hand holding if you need it, and most of us who have been down this road, have found the journey easier because of this forum....so please keep in touch and let us know what is going on. I can tell you that when I first learned I had cancer, I felt so very alone until I found this website...it made me feel empowered...and blessed to have new friends who had already experienced BC and understood my pain and concern. You are very much in my thoughts & prayers. Chin up! Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10061 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic My diagnosis
Maria,

I have sent you a PM. Hope it helps. Melodie

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

16 years 5 months ago #9868 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic My diagnosis
Hello again and a big THANKYOU for your replies, Joe thanks for your message, I feel reassured. I still do not have the grading which I am worried about; I should know this by Wednesday.
Kim…….I sent you a PM
I have spent most of the day doing some research on the H.Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
I was so distressed it did not even occur to me to look at what was available in the Tampa area and I didn’t even ask my doc where he was referring me to……DOH!
Pat you are right, I need to stay focused.
I have had lots of tears again today, I feel better when I read this forum, it amazes me how you all get through this and are so positive, I am sure I will learn how to cope………eventually!

I am having a CT abd/pel and chest x ray tomorrow, docs on Wednesday and who knows what the next step of the journey will be from there.

As suggested by Wendy I will update on the other section after Wednesday.

16 years 5 months ago #9848 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic My diagnosis
Hi Maria,

I just saw this post and now I understand that you had an invasive tumor dxed...sorry to hear it. But as Pat said, you're near Moffitt, if you are able to pick and choose that really is a great institution in that neighborhood. You may be very happy with your current uro but he's right to send you to the most experienced, as that really counts when doing bladder removal surgery regardless of what type of diversion you end up with.

I can imagine you're in shock. Things have changed overnight, in a big way. But try not to panic about things, take it step by step. Yes, it's very scary, but there is plenty of room for hope-even invasive blc is very treatable, compared to some other cancers, and surgery will offer good odds for a cure.

I'm glad you found the forum helpful, thank you. I hope you take some time to look at the treatment options and cystectomy sections on the main site. Unless it's an info overload for you...then skip it and speak with your doctor and other survivors here. I know that some of us are into gory details and want to know every possible angle, while others prefer to let the doctor decide the best course. Both are valid approaches, in my opinion! Whatever helps us stay sane.

Good luck with everything and please let us know how it goes.
Wendy
PS maybe you should begin another thread under the 'invasive blc' section, so as to get the most appropriate input after you figure out your treatment path.

16 years 5 months ago #9841 by Kim
Replied by Kim on topic My diagnosis
Hello Maria,

I have been to H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center (for a turbt). Everyone there was great, very friendly. I hope all goes well for you.

Kim

16 years 5 months ago #9839 by mznoregrets
Replied by mznoregrets on topic My diagnosis
Hi Maria,

Sorry to meet you here, but if you're dealing with bladder cancer - it is a good place to be. I was T3 grade 3 when I had my bladder out and got a neobladder this past March. We know it is scary and very unnerving being diagnosed, and we are here for you.
Patricia is excellent on resources by the way - and always quick to answer questions.
Keep us posted and you're in my prayers, Holly

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne