Don't Understand

16 years 5 months ago #10124 by jenz
Replied by jenz on topic Don't Understand
to be honest I called and ask for the results and the person on the phone just in general said they only released results to the doctor.

Jennifer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #10122 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Don't Understand
Jenz..you told me you called the medical imaging dept and they said you had to get the results from your doctor.....i'm assuming then that they did indeed have some results. The grading system now is just low or high grade...no middle ground anymore...i think they were getting into trouble with understaging so they eliminated the middle...who knows? They will have the staging however.
Don't worry until you talk with your doctor and request a copy of the pathologists report.
We'll go from there.
Pat

16 years 5 months ago #10121 by jenz
Replied by jenz on topic Don't Understand
what if by some chance I find out he did not send for biopsy? What if he felt there was no need... What should I do? Also, if they don't grade biopsies any more what am I looking for?

16 years 5 months ago #10118 by Patricia
Well that and if he got enough of the specimen.  As you know on my second opinion the pathologist said there was not enough of a specimen thus a second TURB.  Like I said referring back to my initial end of the spectrum it doesn't hurt to get the second opinion if only to confirm non-invasive blc and if insurance allows not a bad idea to get it from a major cancer center with great pathologists.    Pat

16 years 5 months ago #10113 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Don't Understand
Pat, I think you were under the impression the electric loop used on Jenz would wreck the pathology specimen, but it is the laser that is only used when a biopsy specimen isn't needed because they are obviously ta,G1[modified to fix typo from before when I wrote g2] recurs. First TURs are always biopsied, and if not that is something to worry about as it's not following guidelines. I doubt a uro would compromise himself by doing that.
Wendy

16 years 5 months ago #10105 by Patricia
Sorry Wendy..and Jenz...you're right...i was just having flashbacks to my own initial TURB......i apologize and hope all is well. Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne