Don't Understand

16 years 5 months ago #9984 by jenz
Replied by jenz on topic Don't Understand
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone an update on the surgery. I came through everything fine. The spasms and back pain are the only problems I am having. The doctor meet with my family after the surgery and told them that the polyp was actually smaller that what it looked like it was in his office. He actually had a hard time getting it off because it was so small, i think he used that loop thing and it keep slipping off. He told them that he felt that it was not cancer. It was pre-cancer and he though we had caught it, in time. I know this means keeping a close eye on the bladder for many years to come.

I want to thank everyone for all the support you have given me during this. You all gave me comfort and the ability to understand the things I was faceing better. You gave me insight into the right questions to ask and the fellings I was having were normal and you had all been through the same things in your life. I will always be grateful for every word and thought you gave me. Thank you all!!!! :)You are all in my thoughts and prayers, always.

Jennifer/(Jenz)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9847 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Don't Understand
Hi to newbies Maria and Jenz,

My sister's experience sounds a lot like what you've described re: the biopsy, overnight in the hospital and a catheter. Her pathology report was a Ta,Grade1 tumor, removed and no further treatment. She had a couple of small recurs the first year, removal only. She's been clean for about 8+ yrs, no more recurrences.

TaG1 tumors are the most common in bladder cancer-land, as Holly said something like 80%, so if you are part of that silent majority you can breathe easier and know you can get old and die in your sleep as planned.

The forum can be scary for those with this relatively non-threatening dx, as the majority of people out here looking for support are the vocal minority who've had invasive tumors.

We have a long standing email group, it started in '98, and back then the majority of members were like my sister, but as the years have gone by the balance shifted and it seems that the support group and forum are dominated by those with a much more serious dx.

In any case, welcome to Jenz and Maria, and I hope you also had TaG1 tumors like my sister and the large majority of blc survivors.

Best to you both,
Wendy

16 years 5 months ago #9835 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic Don't Understand
Hello Jenz, I am a newbie too.
I had a TURB surgery 3 weeks ago. Like you I was dreading it, I was so nervous, but it went very well. It seems to be usual to be put to sleep for this type of biopsy. I stayed in the hospital overnight, had a catheter and IV bladder irrigation. I experienced little pain, you will be given painkillers, the catheter was removed the next morning and I was discharged. Only took me a few days before I was back at work, I feel tired, but I think that is the Anesthesia. The biopsy result will give your doctor an initial diagnosis and he will be able to discuss best type of treatment to start early. I did not wait long for the results.
Good Luck, try not to worry too much, I know it’s easier said than done.
Maria

16 years 5 months ago #9815 by jenz
Yes I sent you one back. Did you not get it.

16 years 5 months ago #9814 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Don't Understand
Jenz...see my PM to you....Pat

16 years 5 months ago #9809 by jenz
Thanks Warren,

I was thinking it was worse because they were doing it in the hospital.It makes since, the way you described the reason to have it done in the hospital.I should have thought of that, but not thinking real straight right now.

It is nice to here you are 7 years out and doing just fine.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne