my dad just diagnosed

16 years 5 months ago #9484 by cas
Replied by cas on topic my dad just diagnosed
rosemary,

the procedure was described as "shaving" with a electrocautery device and a cystoscope. the research i have read shows this is the treatment for superficial tumors.

claudia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #9482 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic my dad just diagnosed
Okay,

Make sure, if you can, to get a copy of the pathology report when it comes back.
I am just assuming that the specimen was sent to pathology?

I've not really heard of "shaving" a tumor. Do you have a lot of confidence in your Dad's urologist?

I'm not trying to put fears in your head. It's just that you sound like you are guessing about results...

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #9481 by cas
Replied by cas on topic my dad just diagnosed
no, we have not. thanks
claudia

16 years 5 months ago #9478 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic my dad just diagnosed
Claudia,

Have you actually heard from the path report yet?

Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 5 months ago #9477 by cas
my dad just diagnosed was created by cas
hi,

i'm writing becauase i'm scared, confused yet hopeful at the same time. my dad recently had problems with a uti and constantly going to the bathroom. he had blood in his urine, went to the er and had an mri which only showed a "possible" kidney stone, everything else was fine. (mri of entire abdomen) the blood went away after two days. he also has bph and it was attributed to the uti. on his own he went to the urologist who did a scope and found one small (tip of the thumb) growth inside his bladder. the doctor told him not to worry, it can be taken care of and my dad will live a full lifespan. (he is 64)the doctor told him to schedule in the next month for the growth to be "shaved off" (along with green light treatment for his BPH) then he would have the immunotherapy for 6 weeks. after that check ups every three months or whatever the progression of check ups are over the years. there was a cancellation on tuesday for surgery so my dad jumped on it (instead of having to wait up to a month) he just had the scope on thursday. the doctor said this was the beggining stages and he will not even be referred out to an oncologist, the urologist will treat everything. everything i have read on the internet points to stage 0 and 1 as the stages the "shaving" treatment is used for. it aslo seems that his growth is a superficial non invasive. i am still afraid and confused eventhough the doctor seems to think everything will be ok and told my dad he will live a full life. i guess i just want someone to talk to who has gone/is going through this. hope i made sense and looking forward to hearing from someone.
claudia

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne