my dad just diagnosed

16 years 4 months ago #11363 by driscolls
Replied by driscolls on topic my dad just diagnosed
Hi Claudia,

My dad also had bladder cancer and as a "daddy's girl", I know exactly how you are feeling and what you are going through. My situation is a little different than yours - my dad's was not caught early and sadly he passed away. Please know that every case is different and if you ever need a shoulder to lean on -from one daughter to another - I'll be here to listen.

Prayers to you and your family!

Debi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #10889 by cas
Replied by cas on topic my dad just diagnosed
hi everyone,

thanks again for the support, it does make me feel better to hear from you. i visited with my dad this weekend, he is doing good, back to his old self as far as his activities, etc. he feels good and is in good spirits. take care.

claudia

16 years 4 months ago #10829 by maxmag
Replied by maxmag on topic my dad just diagnosed
HI CLAUDIA,
JUST WANTED TO HELP LIFT YOUR SPIRITS,IF I CAN.
I HAD A TURBT 3-8-07 AND 2 TUMORS WERE REMOVED.(PATH:TA G2)
HAD 6 BCG TREATMENTS THEN A FOLLOW UP CYSTO 9-19-07.( TISSUE SAMPLES WERE BIOPSED)
I WAS TOTALLY "CLEAN".I GO BACK FOR A POKE&PEEK 12-19-07.
SO,STAY POSITIVE,GOOD RESULTS CAN HAPPEN.(I AM A LITTLE OLDER THAN YOUR DAD,70)
MAX :)

Max
Age 70
Ta G2
Dx March 2007

16 years 4 months ago #10784 by Gene Beane
Replied by Gene Beane on topic my dad just diagnosed
Claudia,
All daughters have a great space in their heart for their dads, it sounds like he has it under control with a good Doctor. Bladder Cancer caught in early stages is very treatable and he will be fine. Its those who ignore the syptoms that get in trouble, so don't worry and have a good time with dad. Ginger Beane

16 years 4 months ago #10767 by cas
Replied by cas on topic my dad just diagnosed
i wanted to thank you all for writing me back about my post this morning. it means alot. it does help to know there are people out there going through the same thing, not that i want anyone else to have to go through something. your posts are very encouraging. i have talked with people in my office, three of my coworkers have had family members with bladder cancer, all were treated, two died years later (10-15 years) of something unrelated and the third is doing fine. (he is a pediatrician also) my dad's md has been very positive from the start, i should just concentrate on what he has to say. my dad is probably the most level headed of everyone, he is not worried and feels good about what his md has told him. his prognosis is good, the md has told him he will live a full lifespan. i know it is also good that nothing has spread, the md said he did get all of the tumor but they automatically do a second procedure with a t1. these are all good things that i need to concentrate on. again, thank you everyone. take care.

claudia

16 years 4 months ago #10759 by Yosarian
Replied by Yosarian on topic my dad just diagnosed
Hi Claudia,

I am so sorry to read about your dad . He seems very similar to me –I am a T1G3 and have had two TURBT’s and just finished my 10th BCG treatment. I wrote my entire log out and if you have nothing better to do (like watch paint dry or the grass grow) it might help you (and your dad if he wishes) to understand what to expect from someone who was where he is. (I hope that makes sense)

Anyway, please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Pop and let me know if there is any info I can give you...

Yosarian

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne