Recently diagnosed, best sequence of treatment.

16 years 6 months ago #8346 by skypilot
Yes he is. Don

Hanging in there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #8345 by Patricia
Glenn...see my PM...Dr. Mani Menon of the Vattikuti Urology Inst. affiliated with the Henry Ford Health System is a top urologist in the field.

16 years 6 months ago #8344 by glennfg
Hello Joe,
I'm glad to here that your cancer free
And the fact that someone has had the chemo 1st makes me feel better.
We have a 2nd opinion meeting on friday with another urologist.

Hello momof4,
The doctors we have been working with are affiliated with Henry Ford Hos..
I will gather all the reports for our 2nd opinion appointment.

Thanks for everyones help.
Glenn

16 years 6 months ago #8340 by Mike
Well Glenn or Happy it's always good as I posted to get a second opinion. But you got me confused here your first post as nothing was done as of yet I just figured your wife had the Tur and this was the Uro's decision now your talking of BCG that started in April. See the best thing here is yes get the second opinion but do it before you take action not that you can't change now but it just isn't the way I would of done it. My second opinion I did the day I was dx and that was just for the hospital and getting a new Uro which was a Urologist/Oncologist and it was up at the Univ of Penn in Phila and they had the whole team, Uro/Oncologist, Surgeon, and Oncologist. As I said the chemo b4 the surgery worked out the best for me just as the surgeon said it would. Good Luck, Joe ;)

16 years 6 months ago #8335 by momof4
You have alot of major Cancer Centers in Detroit to choose from:

1. Comprehensive Cancer Center of Metropolitan Detroit:(313) 745-4329

2. Meyer L. Prentis Comprehensive Cancer Center:313-576-8220

3. Henry/Josephine Ford Hospital Cancer Center: 800-888-4340

You will need copies of your pathology reports, and any other tests results (CT, Bone Scan etc...). They will basically review the information you have, order additional tests if needed, and give you their opinion. It is not like starting from scratch. Alot of what they will need to look at has already been done. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes will give a new perspective, or at least if they confer with the first opinion you will feel more confident.

I would continue to get opinions and consultations until I found a Doctor I felt comfortable with. I think that is such an important aspect of this fight. Confidence in your Doctor...

Wishing you & your wife good luck,
Karen

Caregiver for my Wonderful Husband Angelo, who has Metastatic Bladder Cancer.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

16 years 6 months ago #8333 by Mike
Glenn I had the pre-op chemo meaning the chemo b4 the surgery and for me it was the way to go. The reason for this my cancer was contained to the bladder so it was better to go after that then do the surgery. Also my surgeon told me he has had his best success rate doing it this way the chemo then the surgery. Well I had my surgery done on 6/20/07 and now I am cancer free, I hope this answers your question. Yes it's always good to get a second opinion but I think your Dr. is on the right track I had a T2 G3 invassive tumor sounds very similar to your wifes. Joe ;)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne