First Biopsy Results

16 years 8 months ago #7451 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic First Biopsy Results
I only saw one study on it which involved 50 people all of whom had been treated previously with BCG or Mitomycin or some other agent.
Anyway kudos to your primary doctor Gregg....he reacted quickly and appropriately by getting the CT scan and having you see a uro. I wish everyone could be so lucky with their first incidence of blood in the urine. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7406 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic First Biopsy Results
Eurocure, Zach,

I thought I removed all the posts from Europecure that were added on to existing threads because they do seem as if there is something for sale here, and that's not what the forum is about. Also,telling people not to use BCG in favor of Immucothel is the same as giving medical advice. Risky business and also against the forum's policy. I don't think any public forum would allow such postings.

I left the thread that Europecure began on the subject out of fairness, however, because this an actual treatment with good science behind it, it may well be a good alternative to BCG, only not available in the USA.

There is info on WebCafe about KLH (the substance in Immucothel) here;
blcwebcafe.org/klh.asp

If Europecure has a story to share about his family members' experience with it, that's fine. Trying to influence people's decisions as in this message is not fine.

But I will leave this one here for the sake of clarity on this subject.
Wendy

16 years 8 months ago #7396 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic First Biopsy Results
Do you have stock in this company? You've pretty much posted the same message in many many threads.

And *nothing* has no side effects. Even drinking too much water can kill.

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 8 months ago #7395 by europecure
Replied by europecure on topic First Biopsy Results
If they tell you to do BCG,don't do it. Try Immucothel ,it has no side effects.

16 years 8 months ago #7271 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic First Biopsy Results
Hi Gregg,

Weird as it seems, congratulations are in order. You found that low risk papillary tumor when it was only 1 cm, that's pretty good! This is a diagnosis that people get old with. My sister had the same, 8 yrs ago, had a couple of recurs, clean for 7 yrs now. She had no other treatment aside from removal of the tumor.

Believe it or not you and my sister fall into the large majority of bladder cancer diagnoses, something like 80%.

She made me her advocate, we had just lost another sister to breast cancer, so we wanted to be aware of all the options. I guess I became a bit obsessive about it because it ended up as this website, and my sister is fine.

All the best to you,
Wendy

16 years 8 months ago #7178 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic First Biopsy Results
Gregg,

Thanks for checking in with us. This dx is probably the one we all wish we had....I'm glad that you got the Mitomycin, and in my opinion that decision shows good forethought on your Dr's part. It couldn't or wouldn't hurt to send those slides off for a second opinion, though. I would do it myself.

I'm really sorry about your Mom. I can see why hearing the word "cancer" would be scary for you, but, more than likely unless something else gets you first, you'll probably be around to see your kids grow up and get married, etc.

You mostly need to never forget vigilance in keeping your follow up cystoscopies (which, btw, will never, never go away!)

Thanks for checking in,
Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne