ANY MEN OUT THERE WITH AN INDIANA POUCH?

16 years 4 days ago #15626 by xcv461
Replied by xcv461 on topic ANY MEN OUT THERE WITH AN INDIANA POUCH?
I was on coumaden until April 3rd 2008,my GU Doc asked why I was still on it.I told him they all said do another 3months,he said there just afraid to take me off it and be responsible for my health.He took me off it that day.No more monthly check's for blood level.I have a scare over my stoma which was what caused all the pain when cathing,hope to get it fixed next month if leaking fistula does not stop the operation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #7449 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic ANY MEN OUT THERE WITH AN INDIANA POUCH?
xcv...you had the clot prior to your bladder cancer diagnosis? I developed a clot after surgery in my left leg and had heparin for 7 days and then 6 months of coumadin but they monitored me weekly on it to make sure my numbers were ok.
Pat

16 years 8 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #7435 by xcv461
Replied by xcv461 on topic ANY MEN OUT THERE WITH AN INDIANA POUCH?

16 years 8 months ago #7341 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic ANY MEN OUT THERE WITH AN INDIANA POUCH?
Thanks, Joe. We have our appointment to get the staples out on Tuesday, and I'll ask more about this procedure.

I'd hate him to have to spend another night in the hospital, but, oh, well....he could do it.

Stephany in Iowa

16 years 8 months ago #7268 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic ANY MEN OUT THERE WITH AN INDIANA POUCH?
Stephany it was about 3 weeks they sent me for a pouchogram which your husband will get to make sure the pouch is not leaking if all goes well they kept me in the hospital ( Univ of Penna ) overnight and showed me how to catherize myself before I was on my own. If the pouch is ok they remove the 2 drain bags and now you gotta do the work lol.The first week is a pain every 2 hrs and the second every 2-3 hrs but after that it gets better when you get to 4-6 etc. GL-Joe

16 years 8 months ago #7261 by Stephany
Replied by Stephany on topic ANY MEN OUT THERE WITH AN INDIANA POUCH?
My husband just got his Indiana pouch last Monday (10 days ago). He got it because he couldn't have a noe-bladder because of strictures in his penis. So far, he's pretty happy with the way things have turned out, but he's still got his staples in, and two pouches.

Stephany in Iowa

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne