Another new guy......

16 years 10 months ago #5818 by D61
Replied by D61 on topic Another new guy......
My friend...and we all are,
so glad you found this site, these folks do want to help !

I'm too new to voice much in the way of opinions just yet...
but, attitude my friend is the best suggestion you'll hear.
It is a must...not faking it,
just realizing that we have no other choice but to make the best of it.

And, there are so many other people, you saw some at the hospital,
that have it worse than we do...

Mine is invasive, the bladder has to go,
so ? I will still be alive and 'healthy' !

BTW,
the mention that you are a runner...
mine blleeding started with a hard-core bike ride, I'm a paddling fool, hard-core wilderness canoe treks, physical work-out freak...teach hand-to-hand.

What gives with all us physically active folks having plumbing problems ? ;D

Keep your head up Danny, you're young and strong, nothing to it !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #5816 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Another new guy......
Welcome, Danny.

Everyone here has had that same spinning-room sensation. My legs got so weak I had to lie down in the doctor's office. So you definitely are not alone in that.

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing better now. No matter what, no matter how bleak things seem, they do get better.

Most of the time I never get it a second thought. It's just something you get used to.

You have my best wishes,

Zach

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 10 months ago #5815 by dhyte
Another new guy...... was created by dhyte
Hi,

My names Danny, I'm 43, and I am newly diagnosed as well.

I was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago. I have had right flank pain since beginning of year. In the course of trying to diagnose it, I had a renal/pelvic ultrasound that discovered the mass in my bladder (the dr says it may or may not be related to my flank pain). I also had heavy blood in my urine 2 1/2 weeks ago (right after a 8 mile run). My urologist did a exam with cytoscope that showed the mass to be 2 tumors.

I just had my 1st TURB yesterday to remove the 2 tumors (1.2 cm and a real small 2nd one).

I am waiting for pathology results and see the DR again in 2 weeks.

My head was spinning for the 1st 2 days after the urologist identified the tumors and discussed the likelihood of BC. I have been doing pretty good since then and feel like everything is going to be ok no matter what. I have had an incredible outpouring of love and support from family, friends, and strangers.

I just found this website today. I wish I had found it sooner, I don't know how I missed it - I was glued to the internet trying to self-diagnose....

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I look forward to getting to know some of you better, and am sure that I will have many questions.

Thanks,
Danny Hyte

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne