Re: New to Website New Diagnosis

16 years 10 months ago #5822 by dhyte
Replied by dhyte on topic Re: New to Website New Diagnosis

Robert,

I had the same (or similar) procedure yesterday, and am home resting today. I hope your procedure went well and that you are already starting to feel better. I have had discomfort, but each trip to the restroom seems to be a little less uncomfortable.

I am waiting for lab results, and will see my doc again in 2 weeks. I'm guessing you may be in a similar situation??

I'll keep you in my prayers for good health, and that you and your family have much peace.

Danny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #5820 by D61
Replied by D61 on topic Re: New to Website New Diagnosis
Today is Friday Robert, I'd imagine you are still in the hospital...
When you get home and join us again, you'll have many more questions, and the folks here do have good answers.

On the scope...
hey, I never have to have it again...
my bladder is coming out. Dam thing is wore out anyway... ;)

Keep your head up buddy,
it really will get a little easier to take every day.
No different than everything else in our lives.

Pain is relative, none of us like it,
none of us get used to it.
But it usually doesn't last long, and then we forget it.

At 61, I've had so many bang ups, bumps and bruises, broken bones and all the other crap life throws at us...I'm learned to start laughing before it hurts... Main thing is, we do get past it, no matter how bad it sounds, feels or seems. Tomorrow really is another day and that's how we overcome this stuff...one day at a time.

I was really lucky to have an old time, farmer grandfather ( both in fact ),
the type that threw you in the creek and then said "it's time you learn to swim"...and you did !

When I was about ten, and could already swim like a fish... ;D
I shut the door to his big Buick on my right thumb. I could not reach around with the other hand and unlock the door.
Like most kids, I was wailing and screaming for my 'papaw' to help me...

I swear, he stood there with both fists balled up and held on his hips and just looked at me until I quit whimpering and said please.
Then, he said,
"Son, it'll feel better when it quits hurting".
Then he opened the door and just walked off.
As always, he was right !

16 years 10 months ago #5687 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Re: New to Website New Diagnosis
Hi Robert,

It's tough, being new to this and I know how scary it is...I don't envy any many who needs a cystoscopy, but I've met so many, heard so many stories, people get through it and it's not as bad as it sounds. Once in a while a person finds it too awful and needs to get some pharmeceutical assistance to get through it (valium, 10 or 20 mgs). Don't be afraid to admit it if you're one of those who need help.

For the TUR you will be knocked out, wake up and it will all be over. Then comes the waiting for the pathology results and then you can figure out what to do next. Maybe you will be lucky like my sister, who had 2 TURs and has been clean for over 6 years now, with no further treatment.

It all depends on the stage and grade. If you haven't read up on this there's info here:
blcwebcafe.org/staging.asp

16 years 10 months ago #5669 by robert
Re: New to Website New Diagnosis was created by robert
Just found out a week ago that i have bladder cancer, on Tuesday i have to get a cystoscopy and the following Thursday an operation to remove whatever is found apparently without surgery. I don't quite understand how they are going to fit all that equipment up my urinary track. That's got to hurt, what have i got to look forward to?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne