× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

Dad newly diagnosed- Non-papillary (solid) TCC

13 years 6 months ago #6015 by d2007

we opted BCG as 3 out of 4 doctors we saw suggested that. My dad had 3 treatments so far and seems to be tolerating well.

The urologist is suggesting a cystoscope after 4 sittings. Shouldn't this be after completing all the 6 sittings of BCG?


Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #5625 by joeburg55
Hi, Joe Here, I have Grade 3 T2 n0 m0, I had a tur and i am now just finishing with rads and chemo, tommorow i have a biopsy to see how it worked, hopefuly it did as it was suspose to do, then another 15 rads and 1 chemo, and then checks for years. Im 51 years young, have 3 children and a mortgage, to payLOL, So my advice to you is , you and your dad get a secound opinion, a third if nessesary. Ask the hard questions, dont take any half answers, and go with the doctor that vaules your opinion. And let your dad make the final desision. and suport him in it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #5599 by Mike
Sree I had chemo done but I found this link which pretty much gives detail answers to some questions you might be looking for about this type of radiation. Joe


Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #5598 by d2007
Thanks to you all for your kind responses.

Well, we saw one of the best oncologists in our city today.

He told us to opt for radiation therapy called IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy). Is any one familiar with this kind of therapy? If yes, can you please share your thoughts/experience regarding this.


Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #5597 by timb
I was diagnosed with Ta G3 and CIS and opted for the BCG route with the strict proviso that if it failed then I would go for the cystectomy. In the event I let it fail twice. It's not a strategy without risks but it did buy me some thinking time (1.5 years) to get my head around my bladder removal. Which, in my opinion, made the whole process more manageable for me. I think the answers above reflect that there is no right or wrong way which is why its such a hard decision for you. I had to make a similar decision under slightly different circumstances and I can appreciate it's incredibly hard. Once you make it, don't look back and just focus on the path you have chosen.

Best of luck and best wishes


Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #5586 by Rosemary
Dear Sree,

So glad to meet you here though I am sorry under these circumstances.  

I was diagnosed in January 2006 with T1 G3 papillary.  I had a re TURB in March 2006 with subsequent biopsy (#3) to determine if there was muscle invasion.  I was referred by my good doctor to Dr. Raj Pruthi of the University of North Carolina to determine the possibility of RC.  Dr. Pruthi determined that RC was not neccessary in my case, but that BCG treatments should begin for me shortly after my visit to him.  I do not know if the non-papillary nature of your father's tumor would make a difference in prognosis.    I want you to know how very glad I was to have the 2nd TURB where residual tumor was found.  I have had 12 BCG's and am through with them (I hope).  I have not had a recurrance since I was initially diagonosed in January 2006.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them and I hope you will keep us updated with progress.

Your friend,

Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne


Total Online: 1 User and 96 Guests 

Legend: Site Administrator Global Moderator User Banned


Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: lizscotty
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 6
Total Posts: 54600 Total Subjects: 7174 Total Users: 6814