Hello Everyone

17 years 2 weeks ago #4785 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Hello Everyone
Ree,

There are some on the board who actually think that an occasional beer is helpful to the bladder.

I know exactly what you mean about fatigue.  I can't promise you that the fatigue will go away any time soon, (especially if you are prescribed BCG treatments),  but I do believe that the feeling of malaise and not being "well" will probably lift.  At least it did for me.  

Please be on the lookout for posts in the forum from a guy named Tim B.  Tim is the other Moderator here who is from the UK and is around your age.  You may have a lot in common.

Anyway, I'm glad you are here.  I hope that all goes well for your surgery on Easter Monday.

My very best to you,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 weeks ago #4781 by ree1969
Replied by ree1969 on topic Hello Everyone
Thanks for your kind words Rosemary :) It is very good of you and people like you doing what you do to help people out who find themselves in such situations as coping with this kind of disease. I hope I can become an active member of this forum and I hope I will be able to contribute with you and be able to ease the worries of people who look to forums like this for comfort. I myself will not be making posts asking many questions about my illness because of what happened in 2000 when my brother died with a brain tumor at the age of 26. I look at it 2 ways... you can either worry yourself to the point of making yourself even more ill and unconfortable with stress or simply just get on with life as normal as possible and consider the diagnosis as an inconvinience which needs to be dealt with. Although I have been feeling very unwell with fatigue and aches and pains at times I continued to go to work and also have a bottle of bud or 2 :D when the weekend arrives. Of course now treatment is about to begin I'm not going to be able to continue to work and have a bud while in hospital and recovering from god knows what treatment I'm going to need but I've convinced myself I'm off on a little holiday from the norm and when I get back my irritating fatigue will be gone ;D Yes, some people may think it a little strange but bc is going to have as little impact on my life as possible so it can think again if it thinks it will LOL. Thanks again Rosemary and hope to speak with you soon :) You new friend Ree :) PS: I'm off for a bud before it gets too late ;)

17 years 2 weeks ago #4779 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Hello Everyone
Hi Ree,

It's nice to meet you.  We have others your age here at the forum and many folks also from the UK.  You are not alone with your disease.  We are here to listen and help if we can.  

I was diagnosed over a year ago and have had no recurrances.

Good luck on Easter Monday.  I hope that things will go well for you.

Very best regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 2 weeks ago #4776 by ree1969
Hello Everyone was created by ree1969
Hello Everyone :) I just wanted to show myself having been around for the past couple of weeks. My name is Ree and I am a 38 yo guy from the UK. I was diagnosed with bc on the 26th of March 2007 after 10 months of seeking a diagnosis for blood and blood clots in urine and other un-pleasent symptoms such as fatigue and a general feeling of un-wellness. Finally after seeing a new doctor and visiting a new hospital they found the bc and I will be admitted to hospital this coming Monday (Easter Monday). I just thought I would say hello to you all and I wish all of you the very best :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne