Newly Diagnosed

1 year 2 months ago #61644 by Fonso1180
Replied by Fonso1180 on topic Newly Diagnosed
Good Morning thank you for the reply. I met with my urologist this past Wednesday and he is recommending to an oncologist he works with he told me that he did remove muscle tissue during my second turbt but the results state no muscle present. so either the pathologist messed up or he didn't get muscle tissue. two of the tumors did not invade connective tissue but the 3rd one invaded the connective tissue. I also have carcinoma Insitu which I have been told complicates things. he is recommending 4 courses of Chemo and see how that goes.he is trying to preserve my bladder and I am very thankful for that this has been a very difficult thing to go through. I am trying to take it one day at a time. I hope through this forum I can find comfort and support through this difficult and scary time 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #61643 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Newly Diagnosed
Fonso,

I apologize as it appears your post has not been noticed by many of us.

The key question in your diagnosis would be whether the tumor has invaded the muscle layer of your bladder. If that is the case yes, bladder removal is the normal standard of care. The second key is you had a second TURB which is also standard on high grade tumors. This is to confirm the margins include muscle to properly stage this. If you are only stage 1 (non muscle) and not 2 (muscle invaded), then saving the bladder with agents like BCG are usually a good option.

Ask further as you go.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

1 year 2 months ago #61618 by Fonso1180
Newly Diagnosed was created by Fonso1180
Hi Good Morning I am 42 man living in New Jersey. I was diagnosed with Bladder cancer on Dec 7 2022 and under went my first TURBT. after the surgery it was discovered I have high garde stage one bc with multifocal tumors one was large the other medium in size and carcinoma instu. my Urologist told me that they usually proceed with Bladder removal because of my age the fact it is hg and they I also have carcinoma Insitu. I was devastated. he told me to setup an appointment with an oncologist he knows and trusts to get his input. he told me that for now I should be able to keep my bladder which was the first bright light since all this started. on Feb 14 I did my second TURBT which I feel I  am having a tougher time healing from then the first alot more burning during this TURBT he did tell my sister who was in the waiting room that my bladder seemed angry the post op report said there may be some kind of infection . he does have me on antibiotics and meds for the burning. I try to do research online but it always gets so overwhelming. I hope I can find people on here who can help me navigate this scary overwhelming landscape and get me to the other side stronger and better.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne