Billl, Sorry to hear about the reoccurrence! Hannah is correct in that the incidence of reoccurrence for bladder cancer is relatively high and may be something we all face at some point. It's part of the reason we are scoped so often. Sounds like your doc is doing all the right things, so I hope they can work out the PLavix issue asap. I only had the one TURBT so far, but the doc I see now had said that many times they like to do two TURBTS even before they start the BCG. I hope things get better for you soon! I am not so much worrying about staying positive but accepting that it is what it is, and deal with it as best we can. Kind of a "Jesus take the wheel" type of thing.
I have nothing new to report since the last time. I have a scope scheduled next week and at that point will learn more about the effectiveness or lack thereof of related to the gem/doce tx. In the interim, I haven't experienced any signs of bleeding.
To Bill: I am so very sorry to hear about the new tumor growth. I have read that bladder tumors often reoccur, so maybe having them removed ASAP would be a good thing to prevent growth into the muscle.
Wow, I really don't know what to say. Hopefully the Docs can get the timing down so you can have them removed ASAP. Keep us up on what is going on. Your experiences with this is all new and something we may all have to face. Just know that you are in our prayers. Try and stay strong, I know you can. Eddie
Had my scope on August 23rd after rounds 7,8,9. Unfortunately, two new tumors were discovered. They want to schedule me for another TURBT, but since I recently had a stent in my heart and now on plavix blood thinners, they can't do the procedure. Currently in limbo waiting for the urologist to consult with the cardiologist to decide if and when I can stop the plavix and have the TURBT. My head is spinning a bit, not only with the unknown scheduling of the TURBT, but also because the new tumors have appeared so soon after starting BCG. Trying to stay positive is a struggle at times.