BCG Treatment Journey

5 months 3 weeks ago #62037 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi Brian. I too was glad to find this forum.  There’s really no one better to talk about it than someone who’s going through the same thing.  I am glad to hear our shared experiences has helped you. Keep us posted on how you’re doing.  Keep the faith!  Hank
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandbr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 3 weeks ago #62036 by brandbr
Replied by brandbr on topic BCG Treatment Journey
I am fairly new to the forum and have been following this thread for a month or so.  I was diagnosed with bladder cancer last Spring, had two tumors removed and am scheduled for cystoscopy every 90 days.  I joined the group to better understand my condition, so that when I see my Urologist I can ask relevant questions during the very short time that I have with him.  This forum is giving me that.  But I want you all to know that I'm trying to emulate something else that you exhibit.....your bravery.  I am absolutely in awe of the bravery that you all have and I hope it will rub-off on me.  Thank you.  I pray for each of you and wish you the very best on your journeys. -Brian

6 months 3 days ago #62027 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Hank, I tell myself that also, that the treatments are charging up my immune system to fight any cancer cells that might return.  Makes me feel better about it at least.   You know, when I made appoints for these 3 treatments back in July my Doc told me the same thing about a BCG shortage, but they went ahead and made my appoints anyway, and somehow, they had some for treatments.  Good Luck on Nov 1st, I'm praying for a good outcome.  Stay Strong my friend.  Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

6 months 3 days ago #62026 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Thanks for the update Eddie.  Sounds like you made it through the treatments pretty good, other than the fever.  I like to think that means the treatments are really firing up your immune system!  Good luck with your next scope.  Mine is coming up Nov 1st.  A bit of news though, my docs office told me that they are experiencing a shortage of BCG and my next instillations may have to wait until February.  Not sure how I feel about it, but my docs not too concerned.  Easy for him! Lol. Just have to go with the flow for now.  Keep the faith everyone! Hank 

6 months 3 days ago #62025 by EddieS
Well, I survived BCG Treatments 10, 11, & 12.  Everything was pretty much normal.  It seems that I am running a Temperature about 5 hours into the treatments.  This last one ran about 102.0 for about 4 hours before it started coming down.  The next day it lingered around 99.2 most of the day until about 10pm, and then, went back to normal.  I figure if that is all I have to complain about, I am Blessed.  Next scope is December 12th and then I am not really sure what happens then.  Doc doesn't really say for sure, I guess it's based on what she sees and what the tests say.  I am hoping for the 6 month break but she is the Boss.  I hope you all are doing good and staying strong.  We can all make it thru this, I am Praying for each and ever one of you each day.  Eddie

6 months 1 week ago #62017 by EddieS
Wow Bill, you can't seem to catch a break here.  Let us know how your surgery goes.  Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself, your posts seem to smack me around a little and bring me back to reality.  Just know that you are in our prayers.  You are strong and can push thru this.  Soon you will be saying, WOW how did I ever get thru all of that, and I know you will.  Stay Strong and stay in touch.  Eddie

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne